They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sony Vegas Movie Studio causing flickering of slideshow

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio causing flickering of slideshow

Postby jan » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:28 pm

I made multiple slideshows in Photoshop, imported each into Vegas to add audio. When viewing the each completed rendered product, I noticed a slight flicker. As if the audio causes a conflict? It is worse looking when put on the widescreen TV. What caused it and how do I get rid of it.
Jan :pull:
jan
New User
New User

Re: Sony Vegas Movie Studio causing flickering of slideshow

Postby Paul LS » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:29 am

Usually you see this on photos with fine detail. So you do not want to use oversized photos in your slideshow... remember TV resolution is only 720x480. If you are doing panning and zooming you obviously want the photo resolution higher... but you really need to resize digital photos.

Have you tried right-clicking on the photo and select "Reduce interlace flicker". If this doesn't help you may want to add a little Gaussian Blur to the photos.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Will reducing the speed of Make Movie process eliminate flic

Postby jan » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:09 pm

Thanks, The Reduce Interlace Flickering seems to have worked. I only tried it in Vegas and Architect, but I do think it worked.
Jan :-D

I was wrong, the flicker is still preent in when viewed in Vegas, Architect, and especially on a large screen (ie. TV) It was suggested to me that Making Movie in Vegas with the slowest rate is the best answer. What Where is this option of speed located?
Jan
jan
New User
New User

Return to Video Editors