They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

I'm thinking of buying Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Re: I'm thinking of buying Magix Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus

Postby JohnnyO » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:20 am

Code: Select all
Files with the M2TS extension can easily be dragged down from the Media Pool (above right). You will be asked during the first import if you want to convert the movie into the MPEG-2 format. This question should absolutely be answered with "Yes", since only then will you be able to edit your movies in real time. We also recommend you activate the check box "Don't ask me again". The advantage is that you won't have to answer this query every single time you import individual files.

The program must have a bug because it does not ask.

My situation is that I have a slow PC ( Pentium 4 HS 2.8GHz). Looks like I would have run into problems regardless.

I still recommend my method however. When burning you definitely want to use the original mt2s files for best quality, regardless whether the project is SD or HD. I ran lots of tests and believe me when I tell you it makes a diffference.

Regarding m2t files. Looks like they are not supported in MEP. The standard AVCHD extension is mts. I am not familiar with m2t. Perhaps you can export to a different format from PRE.

In any case, please consider using my workflow. It has not failed me yet. I would recommend a similar workflow when working in PRE also. I have not tested it there however.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ken Jarstad » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 pm

Ron, thanks for the document. It really does say "Blu-ray! Too bad the marketing department can't make it plain. They keep referring to an "HD DVD" on the web site which confuses with HD-DVD, the now obsolete Toshiba format.

JohnnyO, one last day of the trial and I decided to try your last suggestion. I created a DV widescreen project in 15+ and imported an mpg version of my HDV clip. The monitor window now gives me a 720x480 portion of the center of the video frame! On PE I would be looking for Scale to Framesize although in PE that would reduce the pixel count to DV specs. How in the world do I get to see the entire frame since the project settings aren't now selectable?
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Hello Newbie. :meet:

I think you want Movement Effects > Size and Position. That's under the Effects tab.

The "Maximize" button is equivalent of "Scale to Frame Size" being checked.
The "Set Original Size" button is equivalent of it being unchecked, except if you want it centered, you have to also click the "Center" button.

BTW, you can press "E" to bring up the movie settings dialog.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ken Jarstad » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:47 am

Yeeaahh, feels like newbie. I must be getting old. Learning a new editor seems too hard.

Oops, just tried bringing up 15+ again and it has expired. There is now no way to pursue this further. And I'm not inclined to go ahead with a purchase.

Thanks anyway, for everyone's help. Most of my work is still DV and PE2 still works well for me - and is very familiar and will remain efficient for standard definition projects. HDV is likely to be used for home videos so I may just use something simple - even WMM! And, I plan to pursue freeware tools to burn high definition projects to standard definition DVDs. If I am successful I will start a new topic.

Thanks, Gerlinde, for sharing your topic!
-=Ken Jarstad=-
Linux Kubuntu 20.04, DIY ASRock MB, Ryzen 3 1200 CPU, 16 GB RAM, GT-710 GPU, 250 GB NVMe, edit primarily with Shotcut
Ken Jarstad
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Previous

Return to Video Editors