They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Video Restoration...

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Video Restoration...

Postby Robert Barnett » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:55 pm

Does any one know of a program, plug-in (for PE, Premiere Pro) that can take lower quality video and clean it up and generally make it looks better? I have some TV shows that I recorded to VHS years ago and the quality isn't all that good, I want to transfer them, clean them up and improve them as much as I can (given their quality) and do it in an automated way. Some of the problems is color shifts (yellowing), highlight blow out, grain and other video issues.

Suggestions please?

Robert
Robert Barnett
New User
New User

Re: Video Restoration...

Postby Wheat King » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:33 pm

There's thsi plug in for noise reduction... might help. Have seen it suggested before but haven't used it myself.

http://www.neatvideo.com/
_| /-\ /\/\ /-\ |_
Wheat King
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Robert Barnett » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:10 am

I was looking at that. It looks like it might make a good start.

Robert

:dr:
Robert Barnett
New User
New User

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:41 am

I have the neat video plug in for reducing noise in video.

My camera is not the best low light performer but the neat plug in means that I really don't have to worry too much about it as I know that I can always 'tidy up' any especially noisy clips during editing. All in all a good tool to have in the video editing tool box.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby Robert Barnett » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:17 am

I am just surprised that there isn't a plug-in or something that is capable of looking at the video and then correcting (to the best of its ability and to the best of the source material) problems like dirt, dust, hair, yellowing, color, contrast, noise, high light blow out, improving clarity and sharpness, upping the resolution (I know you can't do it for real but some of the plug-ins for SD to HD do a pretty darn good job) and the like. You would think with dSLR's coming out with video, camcorders getting more powerful and cheaper, consumer priced video editing getting better and better all of the time, DVD burns, Blu-Ray burners, etc. that there would be software like this by now.

Robert
Robert Barnett
New User
New User

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:48 pm

AviSynth and Virtualdub have filters that will clean up video, they are both free and are definitely worth a try.
You can find out a lot about how to use them online too :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Video Editors