They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus [stop motion]

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus [stop motion]

Postby corinacosa » Thu May 28, 2009 8:02 pm

If anyone knows anything about changing the playback speed on MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 14, please email me. I am trying to do stop motion animation,and I was trying to speed up the clips so the people looked like they are moving...email is corinacosa@gmail.com....thank you!
~Ash
corinacosa
New User
New User

Re: Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu May 28, 2009 8:04 pm

Hi, Ash. Welcome to Muvipix!

You've got an interesting question there. I recommend you start your own thread so that we can discuss it.

There are many Magix users here, and I'm sure we'll get you the answers you need.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu May 28, 2009 9:12 pm

corinacosa wrote:If anyone knows anything about changing the playback speed on MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 14, please email me. I am trying to do stop motion animation,and I was trying to speed up the clips so the people looked like they are moving...email is corinacosa@gmail.com....thank you!
~Ash

Hi Ash,

Right-click on the clip and select Video Effects (Shift-Y). There is a "Speed" slider that adjusts the speed of the clip. If audio is grouped with your video, then you can only adjust the speed by a certain amount (0.5 to 2.0). If you ungroup/unlink (CTRL-M) the audio from the video, then there is a wider range that you can adjust (0.18 to 5.13). If you put a minus sign in front of the speed number, then the video plays in reverse.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby RJ Johnston » Thu May 28, 2009 9:34 pm

I forgot to mention another way to speed up and slow down your whole movie, and that is by changing the audio sample rate in the movie settings dialog (E). If you start your movie with a sample rate of 6000 Hz under Movie Settings, add clips, then change the sample rate in Movie Settings to 48000 Hz, that will speed up your entire movie by 8 times. You don't even need to ungroup the audio from the video. If you start your movie with an audio sample rate of 48000 Hz, add clips, then change the sample rate to 6000 Hz, that will slow it down by 8 times.
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus [stop motion]

Postby Ron » Fri May 29, 2009 4:47 am

Steve Grisetti wrote:I recommend you start your own thread so that we can discuss it.

I split the topic.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Video Editors