They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 & saving options

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 & saving options

Postby jan » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:15 am

First, am not sure this is the correct forum for Vegas questions; if not please direct me to the correct website.

Background: I have made 13 separate Photoshop wav. projects (a family history/geneology adventure.) I will be importing each into Vegas where I will add narration & music for each project; thus creating 13 separate video's. Then I hope to use Vegas Archetect (?) to make active buttons.
I did a test run in January to make these active buttons and found it confusing. I could only do two basic buttons moving from left to right or vis versa. Attempting 13 seems beyond me without some help.

Questions.
1. How can I save each video in both a Widescreen and a regular size TV/computer size screen?
2. To create the active buttons, I'd like to have one button for each family and then once that opens have a button for each offspring. How can I do this?
3. How do I put a photo of the person as the button when I already made the Photoshop first page with the person's name, birth and death dates?
4. How do I put photo behind all the buttons with our family scottish emblem or something?

Scared and want to get this thing overwith,
Jan
jan
New User
New User

Re: Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 & saving options

Postby Paul LS » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:48 pm

Your questions are related to the DVD authoring... DVD Architect Studio... Steve one of the founders here (currently on vacation) has written a book abour DVD Architect. From your questions I think it may be a good investment for you. Hopefully Steve will be back shortly and can give more feedback.
http://astore.amazon.com/chuckengelsco- ... 1442117087
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Sony Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 8.0 & saving options

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:13 am

Lots of great questions, Jan -- though some are probably a bit more than we can answer on the forum. You might want to look into my book. It's full of explanations and illustrations.

It sounds like you've created 13 videos and you'd like to create buttons to them. This should be as easy as displaying your menu page in the large workspace panel and then dragging the clips from Explorer onto the menu page. As you do, each will be added to your DVD and a button will be added to your menu page.

Is this what's happening?

Once your buttons are there, you should be able to resize and position them as needed. 13 is a lot for a single menu page, but you can do it -- or you can add additional menu pages or sub-menus to accommodate them all.

After you have all your buttons in place, you can change the thumbnail image on the button in a number of ways -- either by setting it display a video frame (or sequence) from later in the clip or by selecting a still image you've created. You'll find the options to do either by clicking to select the button and, from the Button Properties panel, selecting the Media page and setting the Thumbnail Properties/Thumbnail Media property.

Again, it's easier to show you than tell you in a couple of quick sentences here. Although, once you learn where to look for things, it's a surprisingly intuitive program.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Video Editors