They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Vegas Rendering Issue with a Spin?

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Vegas Rendering Issue with a Spin?

Postby kstan48 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:03 am

At a certain point the file I am rendering (9 minute promotional with many pictures, video and transitions) stops. If I do not reboot my pc it stops at 10% into the rendering and if I reboot my pc it stops at 20%. I have tried rendering over 10 times and did get one error only once (Code: 0xc00000005) I am currently rendering the file into a WMV with most of the video from my Canon VIXIA HF11 HD Camcorder.

I added 500 GB of memory end of last year and have over 300 GB free memory. I changed the rendering threads to 1, the prerendering file to my K drive (300 GB of free memory), adjusted the maximum RAM dedicated to rendering (I can not think of the correct term).

Mu goal is to be able to burn it to a DVD for a presentation in the next couple of days, so I am not stuck on any particular format at long as it looks good and can play in a DVD player.

Any suggestions, comments or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kstan48
kstan48
New User
New User

Re: Vegas Rendering Issue with a Spin?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:27 am

Hi, Kstan!

When you say you "added 500 gig of memory" I assume you mean an additional hard drive. If so, check to see if this drive if formatted as NTFS and not FAT32. You should be able to do with by opening My Computer, right-clicking on the drive and selecting Properties.

You also don't say if you're working in Windows XP or Vista, but that could be relevant. Also let us know how much RAM you have. Vegas is notoriously efficient with your computer's resources, but Microsoft's updates to XP and Vista continually seem to demand more RAM, so a good 1.5 or 2 gigs of RAM is really a minimum. Maybe as much as 4 gigabytes, since this is an AVCHD camcorder, probably the most demanding video format to edit natively.

In fact, ensure that your version of Vegas supports AVCHD editing.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Video Editors