They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Using Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus

Other Video editors/authors that assist in video production.

Using Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus

Postby JohnnyO » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:27 am

Even though I gave MEP 14+ a bad review several months ago, I have to admit that I still use it. Mainly for the Movie Themes (Movie Show Maker) and how it handles MPEGs.

I use some of themes from time to time to add variety to my PRE 7 projects. I export the final theme from MEP14+ to a DV-AVI and import it into PRE7.
MEP14+ also has visuals, which move to the beat of the music, which PRE7 does not have. MEP14+ handles small projects flawlwssly.
To get the clips into MEP14+, I just drag them from the Organizer which I have opened on a separate monitor (The PSE7 version).

The other reason I use MEP14+ is to create DVDs from TV shows I record on my Hauppauge PVR. MEP14+ handles MPEGs much much better than PRE 7, or previous versions for that matter. You can even quickly set up a menu which will automatically take clips from your movie and create a slideshow as a menu background. It is also wasy to replace the soundtrack in MEP14+ menus. This is the quickest and best quality method I have found to bring the MPEG movies to DVD,

PRE7 is definitely without a doubt, the best NLE for me. However MEP14+ makes a great suppliment from time to time.
JohnnyO
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Using Magix Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus

Postby Bill Hunt » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:22 am

I keep a copy of Magix (#12, IIRC) around as a tool, also. I've not really explored its capabilities, and have never looked at its "themes," if 12 even has those.

Main reason that I got it was that I use Magix Music Maker and Music Studio. They have a rudimentary video capability, and use the Magix format (can't recall the exact name and I'm on the laptop without Magix), and I wanted to edit some of those. Movie Maker 12 handled that task.

Also, as you say, it does an OK job with some troublesome MPEG's.

So, along with P-Pro, PE and WMM, I have Magix, Cyber-link Power Director and OT-Pro. There are times, when I need to use the entire toolbox. Oh, I also have DigitalMedia Converter for going to DV-AVI's.

Maybe I need to explore Magix a bit more. They keep pestering me to upgrade, but I have not been using it enough to justify that. Same for Cyber-link PD.

Thanks for the report,

Hunt
Bill Hunt
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Video Editors