They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Camcorders and sports videography are they compatible?

Talk about anything here.

Camcorders and sports videography are they compatible?

Postby sidd finch » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:08 pm

I have been seeing the trend of all the DLSR’s that shoot HD movies and the new Sony NEX-VG10 that has interchangeable lens system and they all look great for a shallow DOF. I am wondering though if it is an appropriate camcorder for sports videography. I shoot a lot of sports action with my FX7 mounted on a monopod and it works really well.

Would this kind of camera be appropriate for a lot of action???

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Camcorders and sports videography are they compatible?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:31 pm

This looks like a very nice camcorder -- comparable to the Canon EOS D series that so many prosumers are moving to.

It shoots in 1920x1080 60i AVCHD, which is a digital video standard, so it should work every bit as well as any AVCHD camcorder.

I can't speak from experience -- but, just looking at the specs, I'd say that there's every reason to believe this should be an excellent HD camcorder, Sidd!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Camcorders and sports videography are they compatible?

Postby sidd finch » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Thanks Steve. I guess since it only has a manual zoom that it might not work well constantly zooming in and out to catch the action during a performance. This is what I hate about this technology, as soon as I am happy with my camera setup along comes a new gadget that "I MUST HAVE" and we are back to square one.....Aggghhh

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler