They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Flipbook Question- Steve?

Talk about anything here.

Flipbook Question- Steve?

Postby caryf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:02 pm

Is flipbook the software you use to create your e-books? Is it relatively simple to use? Does it create the executable file, as in your tutorials?
Was getting ready to research e-book creation software and thought I would get your e-pinion first. Any insights are very appreciated.
TIA, Cary
caryf

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:18 pm

Hi Cary,
Ron actually puts the books together with some software he found. I am sure he will be along before long to give you the lowdown.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby caryf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:36 pm

Thanks Chuck. I found a FlipAlbum link on the resources page of the site and it looked like what I'm looking for. I will wait patiently for Ron :-
Cary
caryf

Postby Ron » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:31 pm

Actually, FlipAlbum is different than the software we're currently using. Although, I also recommend FlipAlbum - their website - http://flipalbum.com

The software used to create Steve's Tips is Desktop Author (DTA) and their website is - http://www.desktopauthor.com

They both require a viewer that needs to be downloaded only once (when viewing online E-Books), but you can also output a few other formats with DTA, including a exe.

FlipAlbum does not have an exe option (although coincidently, I created a third party software tool that does this and it can be purchased at http://xflip.net)

They both have a slight learning curve, but if you can "get around" in most software, you shouldn't have much of a problem with either of them.

I realize I've only scratched the surface, but if you have any questions, I'm sure I can answer them. I can also dig out some examples (of both) if you'd like.

A small word of caution: they both lack a hint of customer service if you need it.
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby caryf » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:44 pm

Thanks for your response Ron. I am comfortable with most software and have self-taught myself everything from database to accounting to graphics. You would save me so much time if you were kind enough to send me samples.

Do you mean you wrote the code to make a exe file from FlipAlbum? In my DOS days I used to program in basic, C++ and foxpro; but those days are long gone! Boy I'm getting old! I still miss C> :cry:

Thanks again,
Cary
caryf

Return to Water Cooler