They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

For Sale: $100s Worth of New Blue Effects for $100, or Less

Talk about anything here.

For Sale: $100s Worth of New Blue Effects for $100, or Less

Postby George Tyndall » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:20 pm

Having decided that I will probably be sticking with the Elements 7 bundle for a very long time, I decided to purchase an extra copy on ebay, for $100, as I intend to run the software on more than one machine. The package arrived yesterday.

Just now, I was looking at the New Blue web site, and here is what I discovered: Included with Adobe Premiere Elements are hundreds of dollars of New Blue effects.

For example, just one package, the NewBlue 3D Explosions Collection, costs $120, but of the 12 effects in this collection 7 are available in Premiere Elements (the 8 version of which was recently reportedly selling on Amazon for only $39).

Similarly, of the 13 effects in the NewBlue 3D Transformations Collection, which also costs $120, 6 are available with Premiere Elements.

The NewBlue Art Effects Collection goes for $140, but of the 10 effects in the collection, 7 are available in PRE, including Hand Drawn, Metallic and Air Brush.

I counted a total of 19 collections on the NewBlue web site, ranging in price from $50 to $160. As I look at what is included in each collection, I am getting the impression that Adobe has done for videographers what Apple and iTunes have done for music lovers, namely, allow us to purchase only the best items--no need to purchase the entire CD. :-

My first exposure to Adobe products was when I found Photosop LE on a scanner that I bought many years ago. Ever since, I've thought that Adobe' products represent great value in terms of what one gets for the price. Now, I'm even more convinced.

:-({|=
HP h8-1360t Win7 Home Premium 64-bit/Intel i7-3770@3.40GHz/8GB RAM/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/LG BH10LS30 Blu-ray RW+SD DVD/CD RW+LightScribe/52" Samsung LCD HDTV (ancient 1080p)/PRE & PSE & ORGANIZER 2018/CS 5.1 & 5.5 (rare use) ::wav::
George Tyndall
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Water Cooler