They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

space shuttle launch video?

Talk about anything here.

space shuttle launch video?

Postby videovillageidiot » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:46 pm

i'm anticipating the shuttle launch tonite - my son has driven to florida and is about 10 miles away from the cape; he's planning to call me so i can listen to the launch over his cell phone. can't wait!!!

so i'm just wondering...has anyone seen a launch and, if so, have you captured any video? i know from the last time he saw a launch (another nifty nite launch in december of 2006) that it takes quite awhile for the sound to travel to the viewing area he had staked out - he shot only stills so it didn't matter like it would on video. his sound recording was strange, though...you get about three quarters of a minute or so (nobody wants me to go thru the calculation involving the distance divided by the speed of sound) of people yelling GO!! GO!! and whooping it up and finally you hear the sound of the shuttle.

14 minutes to the launch; weather is go (he sees lightning in the distance, but it's beyond the cape and not an issue...and he says he's getting some neat photos of it so that's a plus!!)
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: space shuttle launch video?

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:32 am

If your son is taking video, he should leave it running continuously so that images and, more importantly, sound are uninterrupted. Then, when editing the video, unlink the sound from the video, then realign the sound track to fit more appropriately with the images. Voila....

By duplicating the sound track and with a bit of manipulation you should also get the 'Go! go!....etc. in the right place too.
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Re: space shuttle launch video?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:03 am

If it's great footage, by the way, he may want to sell it online as stock footage, by the way. Sites like Stock.xchng (http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml ) allow you to sell stock footage stock photography on a commission basis.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Water Cooler