They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Turn of the Century Video

Talk about anything here.

Turn of the Century Video

Postby sidd finch » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:10 pm

At the turn of the century I remember on New Year’s day most of the news channels broadcasted the various New Year’s celebrations from around the world. They started in the most eastern portion of the world and worked their way west. They broadcast celebrations from huge cities to tiny communities. It was very cool to watch it throughout the day.

I started thinking that it might be a cool Muvipix thing if we could invite our community to each submit a 1-minute video of how you bring in New Year's Day 2009 in your part of the world and from your perspective. Then we could post them on the Muvipix website in time zone order so we could see the new year unfold from around the world.

Nothing to compete to win a prize, but a cool way to showcase the world wide appeal of Muvipix. Your thoughts are appreciated. :bounce:

Since it might take a few pages of discussion to hash it all out, I posted this early.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Turn of the Century Video

Postby jackfalbey » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:31 pm

I think that's a great idea, Sidd! We do have members all over the world, so if we can get decent participation we should have quite a showcase of New Year's celebrations. You can count me in.
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
Panasonic GH2; Adobe Creative Cloud
http://www.CMDStar.com
http://www.FamilyTreePhotography.co
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:58 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun Sidd :)
Christmas would be another cool one to do this for, I do understand that not everyone celebrates that holiday however.

Anyone interested in participating????
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Rockdoc » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Cool idea. I'm in. \:D/
And we could do a "holiday of your choice" celebration. That should cover everyone...
Jennifer
Currently the owner of an embarrassingly slow system, hoping that will change!
Rockdoc
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:54 pm

Since the coming year is always talked about with a sense of hope and new beginning, it seems fit that a Muvipix New Years video/picture gallery would reflect that mood. I choose New Year’s Day so as to keep the idea neutral and inclusive.

Metaphorically speaking it would be like having a chance to try on each other’s glasses and see what the world looks like from each other’s perspective.

………Now if there is some interest in a Spanish Inquisition type video contest, Jack & I can get that thread started too 

Irreverently Yours
Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby ridon127 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:18 pm

Good idea... I'm in :-D
Go out and make it a great day. The choice is yours!
Donna
ridon127
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:49 pm

What a great idea, Sidd! I'm in too.

Though things usually aren't all that spectacular at the Grisetti house on New Year's Eve. We're usually in bed by 11:00.

But I'm sure I could document some fun things on New Year's Day. How about all those hardy Milwaukee Polar Bears jumping in the half-frozen Lake Michigan? (I did it in 2005.)
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:33 am

Steve that would really be a cool event...Milwaukee Polar Bears would be fun to see.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby jackfalbey » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:59 pm

sidd finch wrote:………Now if there is some interest in a Spanish Inquisition type video contest, Jack & I can get that thread started too 

Mel Brooks wrote:The Inquistion, what a show,
The Inquisition, here we go,
We know you're wishing that we go away
But the Inquisition is here and it's here to stay
The Inquisition, oh the fun,
The Inquisition, what a joy,
The Inquisition, oy oy oy

...but I'm definitely NOT going to do the "French Mystique"! :oops:

Steve Grisetti wrote:How about all those hardy Milwaukee Polar Bears jumping in the half-frozen Lake Michigan?

As long as their circulatory system is chock full o' that *other* Milwaukee product, they should be fine! :drunken:

Steve Grisetti wrote:Though things usually aren't all that spectacular at the Grisetti house on New Year's Eve. We're usually in bed by 11:00.

Good point, Steve. I call it "amateur night"; it's the one night out of the year when a lot of people who don't usually drink much go out and get hammered, then try to drive home because they don't realize just how smashed they really are. I always try to be home and off the roads by 10 PM on New Year's Eve just to avoid them.
ASRock Z77 Pro4, Xeon E3-1230 V2, Windows 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, 3GB GTX 660 ti, 240GB SSD for OS/programs, 3x640GB in RAID0 for projects
Panasonic GH2; Adobe Creative Cloud
http://www.CMDStar.com
http://www.FamilyTreePhotography.co
jackfalbey
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:04 am

AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Return to Water Cooler