They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Muvipix Picnic?

Talk about anything here.

Muvipix Picnic?

Postby Stregga » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:06 pm

Hey,

Maybe I am a little bit of a dreamer considering that so many of us live quite a ways apart from each other, but have you guys ever thought of a Muvipix Picnic? I think it would be great to actualy meet some of the people I talk with every day and help me tremendously! Like I said, maybe I'm a dreamer, but I think it would be cool.
Gateway GM5664 Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz, 1TB HDD (2 x 500GB) 3.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400XT (256MB OBM) Realtek HDSC Dual 19" Monitor Display
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Muvipix Picnic?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:10 am

It' s not so much a matter of if as it is when and where, Marcos. I know many of us are eager to meet face to face. (Believe it or not, Chuck and I haven't even met webmaster Ron yet, despite our wonderfully co-dependent relationship this past year!)

Chuck's current hometown, Atlanta, is central to America's population and could be a possible gathering spot. Likewise, if you connect Ron, Chuck's and my locations, you get somewhere in Virginia -- so if you're in southern Pennsylvania and you've got a big backyard...

And then, of course, the West Coast makes a lot of sense too, if only because it would allow us to take advantage of some of our software partners.

And then there are our dear friends in Canada, Great Britain and Europe and the south Pacific as well as other great locations around the world.

As for the "when," we've been discussing the very real possibility of something later in the summer or, at the very least, early next year. The wonderful support you've all given to Muvipix has made many opportunities available to us!

So it's definitely on the table. Wouldn't it be cool to spend a warm summer night on blankets in front of a big screen on which we're projecting our videos for the first Muvipix International Video Festival!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Stregga » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:07 pm

WOW Steve,

I am blown away by the fact that you guys still haven't met Ron.That's amazing since you guys make this forum function like a fine tuned machine, and if I didn't know better I would swear the three of you were working out of the same office. I have been to other forums and I can't remember any of them being so detailed, or prompt and I mean prompt as in fast, darn near immediate with answers. So to consider the fact that the three of you are so far and this site runs so well is truley amazing! =D> =D> =D>

As far as my back yard, it's not huge but big enough to hold a large gathering. I'm in the northeast though, not souther Pa. But I know what you mean about our friends in GB, Canada, Europe, etc. I know it's quite a dream, but I was just thinking it would be cool if it ever did happen. We've said it many times, there are great people on this site, and it would be great to get a chance to meet some of them.

Who knows, you guys manage to make this site work with hundereds of miles between the three of you, maybe you just might figure a way to get the muvipix members together, and if not...well we still have muvipix.com!
Gateway GM5664 Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core Processor 2.30 GHz, 1TB HDD (2 x 500GB) 3.0GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 2400XT (256MB OBM) Realtek HDSC Dual 19" Monitor Display
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:02 pm

Northeast Pennsylvania?

I somehow ended up in place called Picture Rocks one week a long time ago. Ever heard of it?
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Stregga » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:38 pm

Nope, but I have heard of Ricketts Glenn.
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby Bob » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:49 am

Bob

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:39 am

Thanks, Bob. I thought maybe I'd dreamed the place!

You also inspired me to look up another place I thought I'd dreamed!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knoebels_Grove
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Stregga » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:48 am

Now that place I know Steve.

Old, but boy do the kids love it there. Always have great pic's and video from that place. A good time and great memories.
Stregga
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Water Cooler