They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Free NewBlue Cartoonr effect for Premiere Elements

Talk about anything here.

Re: Free NewBlue Cartoonr effect for Premiere Elements

Postby Bob D » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:19 pm

I couldn't get key framing to take either. I was thinking of gradually having it turn into cartoon effect, but was unable to.

Bob D
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Paul LS » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:35 am

Hi Cheryl,

I just have the one CartoonR icon under NewBlue Free Effects in the Effects panel. Did you install it twice?

The setup icon is infact the executable file (install program) for installing the effect. You can delete it. But you may want to file it away somewhere in case you want to reinstall at a later date.

Paul.
Paul LS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby ed » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:22 am

The cartoon effect I purchased from pixelan is keyframeable in elements. You can also adjust the type and intensity of the effect. Here's an example where I used it but with the same plugin for WMM. To get the transition effect without keyframes I put the cartoon effect video version on one track and the "regular video on another track, then adjusted the opacity of the clips to give the impression of fading between the two.http://vimeo.com/218092
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob D » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:37 am

Good idea on the transition objective. Thanks Ed.
Gateway DX4860 i5-2300 2.80GHz; 6GB Ram; Windows 7 Home 64-bit; 1.5 TB C-Drive, 150G F-Drive(video)
Bob D
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:22 am

Thanks Paul. Don't think I installed it twice, but may have done something inadvertently. Guess I should make a folder for other desktop set up clutter.

The cross dissolve or fade in/fade out since there isn't any keyframes. This must be how they make the Charles Schwabb(sp?) commercials.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:17 pm

I downloaded the cartoonr to the plug in folder>en_US Looked in this folder and there is a folder Newbluefx>free and about 81 plug ins with one clearly named cartoonr with yesterday's date. The remaining plug ins have a date of 9/11/07
In the en_US folder there is the same set of 81 plug ins with one named cartoonr.

Before I delete anything:

Did the cartoonr come with the 81plug in set? or just the one plug in file? Would a screen shot help answer this question?
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby hpharley90 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Great find Paul.
Thanks

I downloaded it and and it installed itself in the en_US folder on its own and I have the clock for key framing.
Wow there is a lot there.
16 individual presets besides the line and paint adjustments.

I clicked the Cartoonr help button in the properties panel under options and the window is frozen and I must close PE2.0 to get things back to normal.

A window says it's ASIO driver error.
"The previously selected driver could not be loaded, and may be in use by another application.The default ASIO driver is now in use."
Thanks
Richard

Dell XPS 8940-10th Gen i7-10700 processor (8-core,16M Cache. 2.9GHz)
48GB 3200MHz RAM Windows 10
hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Doreen L. » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:23 pm

Very cool plug in. I installed it directly to the en_US folder in PE2 and it also appears twice for me as well. Maybe I should have let it install to the default in the installation wizard. I have no idea.

I have the clock for the keyframes but the only keyframe that appears is next to Options.

This will be a lot of fun to play around with.
Dell XPS410 Duo Core, 4GB RAM, 2 360 gig hard drives, 1 500 gig external hard drive
http://tworiversailing.com/
Doreen L.
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:41 pm

Got a response back from NewBlueFX and thought I'd pass it on:

Keyframes are not active by design (issue with presets vs keyframes in Premiere.) Sorry.

Installing twice should not cause two copies, so you shouldn't need to uninstall just one.

Also, there is an uninstaller that is installed in the menu a part of the install, so let it do the work for you (of picking which files to remove.)
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Previous

Return to Water Cooler