They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

What's the story behind your screen name?

Talk about anything here.

Re: What's the story behind your screen name?

Postby SteveG » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Mine is self-explanatory as others have mentioned. But on one site I signed up for about a year or so ago I used a new nickname. I was in Hawaii with my wife, her parents, her sister one of her children. My niece just turned 10. One day everyone was getting ready early in the morning to go to a beach and my wife asked me to make a sandwich for everyone. As I wrapped each sandwich in foil I put a nickname on it. I made my sandwich last and I couldn't think of a nickname.

So I started thinking that the nieces and nephews call me the fun uncle. I play and run around a lot with them. As I was thinking of my nickname my niece bellowed out "I need a bucket for the sand". Then it hit me. Uncle Funbuckets. And I wrote it on the foil. Nobody noticed it until we took them out for lunch on the beach. It stuck ever since. I was just kidding around about that but they liked it.
Steve G

Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip.
--Will Rogers
SteveG
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Ron » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:39 pm

No big story here ::C
Regards,
-Ron

Dell, Win10 Pro, Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @3.4GhHz, 8GB ram. 64-bit
Ron
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bobby » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:11 pm

"Bobby" is... well ... my name! Everybody calls me Bob, but my wife calls me Bobby as did my parents. But "Bob" was already taken, so...
Bobby (Bob Seidel)
Bobby
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Ronnie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:32 pm

My story is similar to Maxine370 Beth. Compuserve gave me a number as an ID then a few years later AOL let me pick my name, but all versions of my first name or initial with or without my last name or initial were taken, so I had to put some arbitrary number on the tail end. When I learned that Muvipix was setting up shop, I wanted to be the Ronnie to join, so years later when there we tens or hundreds of Ronnies on Muvipix, I could boast of being the first. Lame, perhaps, but I got my name with no number attached to it.
Ronnie
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby ScrugneysGundogs » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:03 pm

The Commodore 64 posts got me to reminiscing :) :

I’ve been surfing the internet for a long time — even before it was popular. In 1979 I worked at one of the largest mainframe computer centers on the East Coast. I bought my first home computer in 1982. It was an Atari 400 with 16K of memory! I had a tape recorder to go with it for saving and loading programs. I picked up a 300 BAUD modem, and typed-in a “browser” program that I found in a magazine! (300 bits per second! Can you say S-L-O-W? My new Comcast cable set-up is 6.0 Million bits per second!) At the time, Bulletin Board Systems (BBS) were popular. You’d get a list of phone numbers and dial directly to the modem of the BBS you wanted to connect to! Compuserve was the biggest thing going at the time. But I digress…

I've had many screen names over the years. This one is my favorite (It's also the name of my boat):

Q. How'd you come up with your screen name, SunganaBeach?
My name was given to me by a group of old Italian immigrants. I was flying into the narrow NO WAKE zone with my boat up on plane. Over on the shoreline and adjoining docks was this group of vacationing Italian immigrants. They were having a good time fishing and wading in the water with their pants rolled up. Just as I was approaching them, I dropped my beer and it rolled to the back of the boat. So naturally, I got up, walked to the back of the boat and bent down to retrieve it. As I was bending down, I could hear some yelling and commotion coming from shore. There were some clinking and pinging sounds, followed by the sound of drag washers whirring at a furious rate. Then there were some splashing sounds like waves slamming against a dock, and again, I swear I heard some loud voices. As I stood up and made my way back to the driver's seat, I saw all the immigrants along the shore pointing at me with just one finger (it must be an Italian custom) and they were all soaking wet (from swimming or something). Right about then I ran over a NO WAKE ZONE buoy (why they put them right in the channel I'll never know). So I figure I'll be a nice guy and I throttled down the engine. It was about then I heard a bunch of the guys yelling, "Hey, you Sungana Beach!", and they were pointing at me in that weird one fingered way again. So I smiled and waved back to them saying, "Who, me?". "Yeah, you're a Sungana Beach" they told me. So I figured, Who am I to argue with them? ;) :-D

The name I use on this website has been around in one form or another for a long time. Back in high school, I was camping out with a bunch of my buddies. One guy brought along some sticks of pepperoni and had them hanging from the rear view mirror of the car. He'd use a knife to cut off a piece and ask (in a pirate's voice) "Who wants some scrugney?". He claims it was an old pirate name for pepperoni! Years later, I bought a yellow labrador retriever and named her Scrugney. When she was having puppies I started up a website called Scrugney's Gundogs. The puppies are 11 years old now. :)
ScrugneysGundogs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:32 am

Great stories, Scrugney!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby hpharley90 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:55 pm

hpharley90

high performance harleydavidson motorcycle 90cubic inches
CIMG1614 (Small).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks
Richard

Dell XPS 8940-10th Gen i7-10700 processor (8-core,16M Cache. 2.9GHz)
48GB 3200MHz RAM Windows 10
hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:50 pm

That is a beautiful thing :TU:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Previous

Return to Water Cooler