They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Rode: Video Mic Me

Talk about anything here.

Rode: Video Mic Me

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:34 pm

The VideoMic Me is a compact and lightweight, high-quality directional microphone that connects directly to the iPhone TRRS microphone/headphone socket. Its flexible mounting bracket accommodates a wide range of smartphones and allows the microphone to be fitted for primary camera or front camera ('selfie') use. A 3.5mm headphone jack on the rear allows for play-through of audio while recording (app dependent) as well as easy playback of your videos without having to remove the microphone.The VideoMic Me includes a deluxe furry windshield for shooting outdoors or in adverse weather.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Rode: Video Mic Me

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:12 am

From what I have read in 2017 Samsung outsold Apple almost 2 to 1 in total phone sales. Why do people still make devices that only work with iPhones?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Peru » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:54 pm

I think that iPhone users are willing to pay more for accessories.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:08 pm

Why do people still make devices that only work with iPhones?

I think it is a physical limitation. IOS phones use a TRRS type plug configuration and Android uses a TRS type plug configuration. You can purchase adaptors for both types of configurations.

The TRRS type plug is configured to have a microphone input while keeping the stereo output.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Bob » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:08 pm

According to IDC, when you compare market share world wide for smart phones, Android based phones account for about 85% of the market; IOS phones (i.e. the iPhone) accounts for just under 15%. However, 15% is still a huge number of phones. And, because the Android market is divided among many different manufacturers, when you look at a phone by phone basis, the iPhone is the single most popular smart phone. More iPhones are sold than any single Android make and model. That makes for a very attractive target. Not to mention the caché associated with the Apple brand.

In addition, the iPhone is tightly controlled by Apple and you have a huge uniformity across the line. That makes iPhone the easiest device to develop apps and make accessories and devices. The Android market, by comparison, is divided among many different manufacturers and have many different hardware and software configurations and capabilities. That makes development for Android much more difficult. It's not unusual for a company to introduce something for iPhone first and Android later. Adobe does this all the time with their mobile apps.

On top of all that, there may be contractual obligations regarding exclusivity and distribution.
Bob

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:16 pm

iPhones haven’t used that type of plug in a while. Apple eliminated the headphone jack and only uses the lightning port now for charging and wired headphones. And the rumor is that they may be planning to drop the lightning port for USB-C in a year or two.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:03 pm

iPhones haven’t used that type of plug in a while

Dave my Freudian slip is showing.... I have older smartphones... yikes

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:20 pm

sidd finch wrote:Dave my Freudian slip is showing.... I have older smartphones... yikes

Oh, I do too. I have a 6s with a headphone jack, which is just fine with me. Serves my needs well.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:15 am

Oh, I do too. I have a 6s with a headphone jack

......and a great phone it is too. (not wishing to ignite any IOS vs Android wars)

I am looking for a lightweight quality mic to use with my phone as it is attached to the gimbal. I want to use that as my interview setup with the FILMIC app.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby sidd finch » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:37 am

Who knew Chuck had such sway with Rode. Not sure if this is good or bad. :)

The VideoMic Me-L is latest model in the VideoMic Me series and shares a similar design to the previous versions in the line.

It’s built with an aluminium body and sports a 1.2-inch condenser capsule. It also comes with a furry windshield to keep that pesky wind from messing with your audio, in addition to an adjustable rubber mount.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Of course they listen to me Sidd, I am with Muvipix ::C
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:05 am

:CS: :hyst:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:28 am

Of course they listen to me Sidd, I am with Muvipix

Sounds like you need a Mob name... lol so I went to https://themobmuseum.org/nickname-generator/ and this is what they had.

CHUCK "SHORTY" ENGELS
YOU ARE THE CONSIGLIERE
RACKET: NOTHING DIRTY, JUST HANDLING THE MONEY END OF THE BUSINESS
IDOL: MEYER LANSKY
You’re the adviser to the boss and to everyone else in the family. They listen to you and respect what you have to say. You give advice when they need it and the rest of the time, you handle the money and make sure things run smoothly.

Sidd
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:28 pm

I am changing my name to Engellini, needs to end with a vowel :)

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Water Cooler