They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Install CC apps on not C drive?

Talk about anything here.

Install CC apps on not C drive?

Postby karri » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:54 am

So I downloaded the trial versions of PPro and AE CC and it automatically installed on my C drive, which put me really close to the edge in the red zone as far as space on the drive. So I am uninstalling them. How do I install them to a drive other than C? It's probably easy, I just wish I didn't have to uninstall them as they only give you a week to try them out.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Install CC apps on not C drive?

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:02 am

Sorry Karri, it has to install on the C drive (primary) for various reasons. Media and cache files can be stored on another drive but the applications must install on the primary drive.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Install CC apps on not C drive?

Postby karri » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:20 pm

Thank you Chuck. At least I know it's a no go for the time being until I can swap out my small ssd drive for a bigger one. Disappointing, but I still have CS6 lol Also finding Cyberlink has a whole suite of tools that work very well, it might be time to start learning that suite of programs.
karri
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Return to Water Cooler