They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

SDCARD

Talk about anything here.

SDCARD

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi Guys,
Can anyone suggest a program or something that may retrieve images off a SDCard. Meaning there were images and a little video
on a SD Card which I viewed on the computer, and were perfectly fine, went to copy them over to the hard drive and something
happened, now it seems the card is corrupted. I have googled and found different ideas, but I don't want to go and pick something
that could be wrong, and things end up in a worse situation. There wasn't a pile of images probably around 30 or so and just a couple
bits of video. If there is anyway of trying to retrieve these please advise me what is the best way to at least try to go about it. Like always
what was on the card meant something to me. Any help greatly appreciated Bubby
When all else fails, Hug your Teddy.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: SDCARD

Postby Steve Grisetti » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:33 pm

First you need to determine if the card truly is corrupted or not.

Can you browse to it when it's plugged into your computer? Can you see any files on it?

If not, it gets a bit more complicated. In fact, you may be out of luck. Though I've no idea why you used to be able to read the card but suddenly can't either.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bubby Grub » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:18 pm

screen capture.JPG

This is a screen capture - as previously stated it all read perfectly one minute then this is what happened,
on checking my HD I managed to get a couple of the pics off before it went corrupted. Please any help
greatly appreciated. Bubby
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:56 am

That looks like the file system index sector was clobbered. That's bad news. You might be able to retrieve some files using a recovery utility. Recuva is one of the better ones. The free edition should be enough. If that doesn't work, the paid version won't either. Recuva is normally used to recover deleted files or freshly formatted drives. But, it has a deep scan capability that can scan every sector and might be able to recover some files.

Very important: don't try to write to the sd card or run chkdsk or other utility. You'll only make matters worse and lower the chance of recovering any files. If it can recover any files, restore them to a different drive. Don't restore to the same sd card. Read this page also.

Good luck.
Bob

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:14 am

I have used MiniTool Partition Wizard to rebuild indexes and MBRs, might work for this. I also have Rucuva, as Bob suggested, another great tool.
https://www.partitionwizard.com/partiti ... overy.html
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bubby Grub » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:09 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the help unfortunately to this time nothing has worked. On using
the program it keeps telling me it has found 7 folders, but nothing matches them.
Guess I will have to put it down to a unfortunate circumstance. Thanks again Bubby
Bubby Grub
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler