They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

1218 drones for the olympics

Talk about anything here.

1218 drones for the olympics

Postby sidd finch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:19 am

They were stars in the sky. They were a bird of prey in flight. They were a snowboarder cruising down a mountain. They were the Olympic rings.

Drones, all 1,218 of them, were everywhere and a little bit of everything on Friday night during the Opening Ceremony of the PyeongChang Games, making for some rather remarkable visual effects.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: 1218 drones for the olympics

Postby sidd finch » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:02 pm

Pyeongchang drone show comes compliments of Intel's Shooting Star platform, which enables a legion of foot-long, eight ounce, plastic and foam quadcopters to fly in sync, swooping and swirling along an animator's prescribed path and can fly in formation for up to 20 minutes.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby momoffduty » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:44 pm

That was an amazing sight with so many drones. I think they shot it ahead of time not knowing what the conditions would be opening night. Either way it was very impressive.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:33 pm

I think they shot it ahead of time not knowing what the conditions would be opening night.

I think you are right. I also read that they do not have any cameras...

Sidd
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler