They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Super Moon, Blue Moon, Lunar Eclipse TONIGHT!

Talk about anything here.

Super Moon, Blue Moon, Lunar Eclipse TONIGHT!

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:48 pm

Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Super Moon, Blue Moon, Lunar Eclipse TONIGHT!

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:51 pm

It's the end of the world as we know it !!!

1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:25 am

Is it just the nature of the information age or did I just live a sheltered life?

When I was growing up, I never remember hearing words like Super Moon, Blood Moon, Polar Vortex or Bombogenesis. There was just weather -- and the moon was either there or it wasn't.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:17 am

:hyst:
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:27 am

And here in my part of Oregon, we never see the moon. Well maybe a couple of times, during the Summer months.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:41 am

Clouds here this morning. So much for that once-in-a-lifetime experience. Still got the total solar eclipse of 2024 to look forward to. :YY:
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:14 pm

Got a chance to see the lunar eclipse this morning and it was pretty cool. Clear skies and it took approx an hour for the eclipse to start and reach total eclipse.

The term "blood moon" is a religious term used to refer to the end times.

The idea of a "blood moon" serving as an omen of the coming of the end times comes from the Book of Joel, where it is written "the sun will turn into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord comes."This phrase is again mentioned by Saint Peter during Pentecost, as recorded in Acts, although Peter says that the date of Pentecost, not some future date, was the fulfillment of Joel's prophecy. The blood moon also appears in the Book of Revelation chapter 6 verses 11 - 13, where verse 12 says " And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood".

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Paz_Pazzaz » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:37 am

Got a chance to see the lunar eclipse this morning and it was pretty cool. Clear skies and it took approx an hour for the eclipse to start and reach total eclipse.

Cool, Sidd! I'm so glad you got to see it!!! Mr. B woke me around 4:30 am but it was still a full, bright white moon here at that time. Back to sleep for me!

Is it just the nature of the information age or did I just live a sheltered life?

When I was growing up, I never remember hearing words like Super Moon, Blood Moon, Polar Vortex or Bombogenesis. There was just weather -- and the moon was either there or it wasn't.

"Blue Moon" is a fairly common term for an extremely rare occurrence here in the American south, and I would expect in many farming areas. "Bombogenesis", very recently introduced into the lexicon, apparently has been used in the meteorological community for a perhaps the last couple of decades. I remember more simple terms like 'cold front', 'heat wave', 'high pressure area' and descriptions of cloud types from my early days. Somewhere along the line, 'jet stream' was added. One of my very earliest memories was my father pointing out a jet flying and I remember his excitement. It may have been the first non propeller plane he ever saw with his own eyes. (Mr. B's grandparents often spoke of the first time they ever saw a REAL automobile!)
Whatever you do, don't set your coffee cup adjacent to your turps cup. :CS:
Paz_Pazzaz
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Water Cooler