They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Zhiyun Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer

Talk about anything here.

Zhiyun Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer

Postby sidd finch » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:24 pm

If you are looking for a decent handheld 3 axis gimbal stabilizer that won't break the bank check out the Zhiyun Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for $139 USD on amazon. After I got a GoPro hero 5 black I quickly realized that the camera did not fit my existing stabilizer (ughhh). So while I was looking I found the Smooth-Q that could also work with a smart phone too.

I am do not record a lot of video using a smart phone but this gimbal does an outstanding job with my smart phone. I am using the FILMIC app with the phone and the stabilizer and I really like it a lot.... It also works great with the GoPro too. It uses a spring loaded clamp system so I would use caution if you are wanting to take it places that there is a lot of jolts in the recording. I would suggest also using a rubber band just so the GoPro does not pop out on a huge bump.

https://www.amazon.com/Zhiyun-Smooth-Q- ... 4HZTSVPRLX

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: Zhiyun Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:29 pm

That is the other brand and model I had considered buying. I ended up with the FeiyuTech Vimble for the same price for use with my smartphone. Those make all the difference in the world.

I also bought a quik pod ultra Amazon...Quik Pod Ultra, which is sturdy enough to hold the stabilizer and smartphone. My first use of the pod with the stabilizer was to see how many leaves were in the gutter without getting on a ladder.
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Zhiyun Smooth-Q 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer

Postby sidd finch » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:45 am

I think they are both good choices. Paying $300 USD for a stabilizer that only holds one kind of device is limiting in my opinion.

Looking that the gutters for leaves is too funny. We have a bird nest in our backyard that I do the same thing to see if there are eggs in the nest.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Return to Water Cooler