They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Mother of all color charts

Talk about anything here.

Mother of all color charts

Postby RJ Johnston » Mon May 15, 2017 6:10 pm

This is my show 'n tell.

While looking up some information on colors, I ran across a website with numerous links to other websites with tons of information on colors used in various industries:

http://tx4.us/moacolor.htm

One of the links lands you on a site with some really nice color calculators:

http://www.easyrgb.com/

On the tx4.us website are links (click on a letter of the alphabet at bottom of their webpage) to color names used in the ICSS-NBS (1955) color charts: http://tx4.us/nbs/nbs-m.htm

If you have the time, look around on the tx4.us website, and hop on a train.

By the way, while putting on a pair of glasses, I accidentally hit my eyeball with the ear piece and tore the retina. Fortunately, the tear was welded together using laser surgery at the hospital. So when putting on your glasses, put them on very carefully. Don't be in a hurry to put them on. :ha:
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Mother of all color charts

Postby Dave McElderry » Mon May 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope it all heals without problems. I've done similar things but lucky so far to have not caused damage.
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby sidd finch » Mon May 15, 2017 7:23 pm

sorry to hear about your injury I hope you heal fast.

I came across this Photoshop RGB color code chart.

http://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.htm

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Isn't the retina located inside the eyeball?
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Bob » Tue May 16, 2017 1:37 pm

Isn't the retina located inside the eyeball?

Yes. The retina is the light-sensitive tissue lining the back of our eye. Trauma to the outside of the eye can cause a variety of internal injuries including Posterior Vitreous Detachment (PVD), retinal tears, or even retinal detachment.
Bob

Postby RJ Johnston » Fri May 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Thank you all for your sympathy.

Even though the retina is on the inside, I can see a small blur pass by in my vision, where the tissue was welded. Still, I have 20/20 vision. Once the surgery was done, that was it. No drops needed, like you need after cataract and glaucoma surgery. But the retina can split open again, especially at the weld.

Thanks Sidd for the link. That has more information that I want. I wrote my own 3DLUT generator program using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (Community version, free). The program can generate cubes 2x2 to 256x256. The .cube files work in Photoshop, even the 2x2 cubes, but I run out of resources with the 256x256 cubes. I want to be able to enter the name of hues instead of remembering the degree of the hues. Algorithms in the program come mostly from articles found on Wikipedia. The hardest part was getting trilinear interpolation to work correctly.

Things are starting to heat up around here. In a few days, the temperature will break the 100 degree F mark.

Rob
Dell XPS 8940 Intel 8-core 10th gen.-i7 10700K (3.8-5.1 GHz); 32GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM; 512 GB SSD; 2 TB 7200 HD; BDRE-drive; NVIDIA(R) Geforce(R) RTX 2060 SUPER(TM) 8G8 GDDR6
RJ Johnston
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler