They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

I Dont get my family

Talk about anything here.

I Dont get my family

Postby bry_man » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 am

As title,
I don't get my family, or friends for that matter... when I tell them, either in person or via facebook and offering up links to my new clips, as much as people say they're great etc, I still only have 10 subscribers... and no one shares them to spread the word out abit more....

so whats the advice boys? (and girls if there are any here) how do you get those subscribers etc, I know if its a training video, people will probably subscribe on the hope you do more etc... so im wondering what I need to do... ty in advance :tup:
For short amusing clips, check out my channel..........

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtP0n4jJHe2iojfa8qDVyOw/videos

Please feel free to subscribe and share before the kids kill each other lmao
bry_man

Re: I Dont get my family

Postby ed » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:43 am

I think with social media the more active you are the more followers and comments you will get. You have to subscribe to youtube accounts with similar subject matter as yours and like videos and especially comment on the videos. The more you do of this the more people will check out your videos. It's time consuming though.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby bry_man » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 am

ed wrote:I think with social media the more active you are the more followers and comments you will get. You have to subscribe to youtube accounts with similar subject matter as yours and like videos and especially comment on the videos. The more you do of this the more people will check out your videos. It's time consuming though.

I think your right, I guess its only fair that if I want people to add me then I have to add them, and your right could be very time consuming lol

bry_man

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:03 pm

bryman...I have suggestion for your Youtube channel. Can you pick a frame from each video to display in the thumbnails instead of just the words 'Bry Tube'. I think if you do that you would get more to click on the thumbnail that interested them.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:10 pm

Excellent advice Tree Tops :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:14 pm

The other issue that I see are that these are just very short effects, not a story. It would help if you had more leading up to the effect to draw the audience in. Everything that is good on Youtube tells a story even if it is a short one. Unless you wanted to do a "How To" video and explain how the effect is created, then you are looking at a totally different audience. One thing you need to decide is who you want to subscribe to your channel and focus on that group.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby bry_man » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:25 am

TreeTopsRanch wrote:bryman...I have suggestion for your Youtube channel. Can you pick a frame from each video to display in the thumbnails instead of just the words 'Bry Tube'. I think if you do that you would get more to click on the thumbnail that interested them.

:tup: ok done, lol
I think there is only 2 clips that ill have to go back to and upload a screen shot... please take a look and see if they look more appealing now :tup: thanks :TU:

bry_man

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:02 pm

Yes, that is better. Also, think about Chucks suggestions. I really wanted some of the clips to be longer. :)

Don't get upset about your family (and friends) not beating a path to your videos. I have made many family or friends videos and most of the family or friends never even open the link I send them to view the vids.

Just have fun doing what you are doing and enjoy the effort.
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby sidd finch » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:45 pm

I think the story aspect is key to drawing in viewers.

While the videos are cute they seem to be more about showcasing a particular effect than a story. Maybe you could try to make the episodes all revolve around one large story and each movie is an episode. You would just need to add text to the clips to tell the story.

Nickelodeon does this with some of their programming on a show called Ride. There is an overall story and then daily episodes. Old time radio did this too with serials like "The Shadow" etc.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Also, not every clip needs to have a special effect. The effects become less special when they are anticipated.
Peru

Postby bry_man » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:20 am

hummm I understand what you guys are saying....there is kinda of a story line, in the respect of annoying brother, I return him, he get his revenge, I bring her back, then she has her revenge.... if I did a compilation it would show this better....but if I understand you correctly, that should have been just one clip anyway perhaps??? as for the lava, that was completely out of the box, and maybe to show they can get on, if had helped his sister get across the last cube it may have working the story...

definitely a thinker... :conf: thanks guys, really helping... :tup:

bry_man

Return to Water Cooler