They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

GoPro video editing

Talk about anything here.

GoPro video editing

Postby mark hansen » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:35 am

Hello all, I know lots have changed since I've been here last.

My son is going to hike the Continental Divide Trail and will be taking a Go Pro Hero 5 to take video. I will be putting together the footage when he gets back and was wondering which software would best edit it. I never upgraded from Pr CS3 (I know, I'll continue when you stop laughing) as I don't do much video editing of late. I have an old Power Director as well that will read the files, but never did like the interface.

I have the Photoshop cc for $10 a month, and just could get the additional stuff I think for an additional $19 I think. or I could upgrade Power Director for a one time cost. (Is there a one time cost for Premier.)

Thanks for any advice.
Mark
mark hansen
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: GoPro video editing

Postby Peru » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:40 pm

When you have the footage prepared, download the trial of Premiere Elements 15 and see if that will suit your needs.
Peru

Postby sidd finch » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:27 pm

If he ends up doing a lot of time lapse I would suggest using the GoPro Studio app (free) I use it to create my time Lapses then import the time Lapses to Premiere. I am not sure at what resolution he plans on recording so I would make sure CS3 can edit the footage type to use. For example if he shoots 4K video I am not sure CS3 supports 4K.

You might try Premiere elements which I think is about $99 USD.

Sounds like a great adventure and I hope you decide to share some footage when he gets back.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:08 pm

::wav:: Welcome back Mark
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Water Cooler