They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

New Tutorial Ideas

Talk about anything here.

New Tutorial Ideas

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:04 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am taking suggestions for our next release of Video Tutorials in January.
Version 4 out now I am not sure if we should move to that version or continue in version 3.

I could also provide some tutorials on other software such as After Effects or Encore DVD.

Let me know your thoughts and ideas as well as the version you would like to see used in the tutorial.
Thanks for the help :)

Lots of other great stuff is planned for January as well, more Steve's Tips and Steve's Film School articles, more DVD Templates, more Music, and another 100+ backgrounds (including some more HD also) as well more Free STUFF !!
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: New Tutorial Ideas

Postby VernonRobinson » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:17 pm

Chuck,
I have not used it myself, but there seems to have been quite a few questions around the proper use of the track-matte and its failure modes. This might make a good tutorial. How to avoid trouble with the track matte and possibly how to recover or potential work arounds.

As far as versions go, I would say you need to keep the site current. When something is unique to version 4.0 then highlight it, but I would say use the latest version and keep moving ahead.

Regards,
-Vernon
VernonRobinson
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks Vernon, good suggestions. One thing about the track matte is, if you break it you need to start over. I have yet to find a way to fix a broken track matte, things usually just keep getting worse.
A tutorial about the whole process is a good idea though, how to use the track matte and what not to do when you do use it ;)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:37 pm

I agree with keeping the site current .. but if you're trying to help folks, it might be worth seeing the numbers on who's using which versions (I forget whether or not you did a poll on this recently). Fortunately lots of the functions are the same or similar, and I do still learn something even watching the tutorials from different versions.
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby momoffduty » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:43 pm

Any and all tutorials are welcome. Always learn something new...just by watching the tutorial I learn my way around the editing workspace...things/options/shortcuts I did not know existed.

I would have an interest in photoshop tutorials. Such as using an adjustment layer, mask. I watched some on another site (and were good), but you explain things so easily :)

A tutorial on the track matte would be good.

More motion backgrounds on the way? Wow! How about overlays? Think that is what they are called, that would be a lower third type thing. Guess some of the existing ones could be cropped.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Helen » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:26 pm

Chuck
I would be interested in Photoshop tutorials, also one on Playlists in Encore. Basically all tutorials are good, I always pick up something new or an easier way of doing things. I haven't loaded my new copy of PE yet so I am not sure if there are any new features in the programme that would require a tutorial.
Thanks
Helen
Helen
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Bob » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:32 pm

Helen, Any particular topic in Photoshop. What sorts of things would you like to see?
Bob

Postby Cinde » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:41 pm

Not a request, but an observation.

Is Ron testing us? Or am I having a "senior moment"? Today I saw 3 new video backgrounds that I didn't see last week in the paid member subscription area. Bike Race 1 Video Background, Bike Race 1 Video Background (2 with the same title, not a mistype because I copied & pasted titles), and Candle Video Background (which I already have ideas for).

Ya know, I haven't often looked in the "free" section... because I thought those items were also listed in the paid membership area... senior moment? forget "moment" it's worse than that . I found some really neat stuff there that I didn't know existed until tonight. Even more reason to thank the powers that be.
Cinde
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby hpharley90 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:44 am

Chuck, Helen mentioned Playlist in Encore.

I would also like that one. The three menus I have made in Encore worked great using just the FlowChart and properties panel but I want to learn what Playlist is all about. \:D/

Thanks for asking
Thanks
Richard

Dell XPS 8940-10th Gen i7-10700 processor (8-core,16M Cache. 2.9GHz)
48GB 3200MHz RAM Windows 10
hpharley90
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Gerry » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:19 am

I'd love to see an overview of the "Organizer" and how/why it's used. There's just something about it that I don't get... like why stills from previous projects are displayed there (am I able to use them somehow?), how to "organize" the Organizer so that only my current project's media is displayed, why do we need it and what good does it do... stuff like that.

And if some of the above questions don't make any sense, it just proves that I don't understand the how and why of the Organizer.
Dell XPS 8500 desktop w/ Intel i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4ghz / 22 gigs RAM / Radeon HD7570 1g dedicated video memory/ PrEl 11 & 9 / Photoshop and Illustrator CS5 / After Effects CS4 / Olympus OM-D E-M5 DSLR (1080i HD video)

Time is money, life is change.
Gerry
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby momoffduty » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:25 am

Good eye Cinde! Wondering if the city backdrop is new too and the globes? Don't recall them, but with over 100 new ones hard to remember.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby Chuck Engels » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:10 am

I will definitely add Playlists in Encore to the next batch of tutorials, great idea :)

Gerry, there are some current issues with the organizers for Premiere Elements 4 and Photoshop Elements 6.
Due to that I may not do a tutorial on the organizer until it is working correctly, I will look into it.

Cinde, Ron is adding new backgrounds on a regular basis and has also replaced a couple.
It is always a good idea to check the product section for new stuff every couple weeks, as it grows you won't be able to see everything.
We are hoping to have some kind of index or simple way of finding what you are looking for. We make the major announcement before we release the monthly batch of new stuff but sometimes we will add a few backgrounds just for fun, and to see if anyone notices :)

Photoshop Elements tutorials would be great but I do need some specific ideas, like Working with the Adjustment Layer that was already mentioned ;)

Keep the ideas coming - Thanks Everyone!

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Jayell » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:48 am

Cinde wrote:Ya know, I haven't often looked in the "free" section... because I thought those items were also listed in the paid membership area... senior moment? forget "moment" it's worse than that . I found some really neat stuff there that I didn't know existed until tonight.

I agree with this one, Cinde. Heard folks talking about something I'd never seen. Found all sort of goodies in the free section that I assumed were in the paid (but then that probably wouldn't make sense, would it). Glad I wasn't the only one :-D
Jayell
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Jan Hough » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:52 pm

I am a beginner-beginner so what I need is probably very different than the many members who have been doing this for years; but, what I wish I had is a completed sample of a movie/slide show that I could view with a detailed explanation of each ‘trick’ used. I recently complimented the techniques used for the ‘40th Birthday-Three years Early Effects’ video and asked some questions, but the responses were over my current ability. I am learning more and more just from playing…but, it would be nice to have a guide to watch and learn from and refer to as a reminder. I bought some books and they are very helpful–but I think samples are so much easier to understand.
Jan Hough

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:29 pm

Jan, The Premiere Elements 3 tour is the start of what you are asking for.
Then, the biggest part of the tutorials we have are for beginners. Have you had a chance to check out the products section?

I am thinking of doing a 2 - 4 hour complete project tutorial (about 8 - 12, 15 minute segments or so), probably a wedding edit from start to finish.
That will take some time to put together but it will be more on the lines of Lynda.com type material.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Next

Return to Water Cooler