They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

If we had a 2017 Muvipix Meetup - when/where would it be?

Talk about anything here.

Re: If we had a 2017 Muvipix Meetup - when/where would it be

Postby John 'twosheds' McDonald » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:57 am

sidd finch wrote:
But you will have to stay for a week to wait for the return flight.

Might be a tough sell.... you might not be able to get back into the US..... :ha:
Sidd

No problem with returning to New York. I know a man that owes me a service... :hyst:
AMD Ryzen 3900x 12C/24T, ASUS x570 mobo, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll 280, Win11 64 bit, 64GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 graphics, Samsung 500GB NVMe 980 PRO (C:), Samsung 970 Evo SSD (D:), Dell U2717D Monitor, Synology DS412+ 8TB NAS, Adobe CS6.
John 'twosheds' McDonald

Postby sidd finch » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:16 am

I hope he is not the guy who lives in a tall building with his name on the outside... that might be dicey :)

SIdd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby videovillageidiot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:09 pm

Paz_Pazzaz wrote:"Total Solar Eclipse Coming This Year:

For the first time in nearly 100 years, much of the continental United States will experience a total solar eclipse on August 21, 2017. "

https://weather.com/science/space/news/ ... clipse-sun

Yes Paz!!! South Carolina would be a great place to watch, but if you come to Montana and see your family AND an eclipse, that's a win-win!!! Kind of a long drive from Bozeman (isn't that where your son lives?) and there's probably no place still available to stay closer, but getting up very early is an option...and, of course, you don't have to be in the Tetons - there are many lovely spots in Idaho that would probably be easier to get to.

Looking forward to hearing what you decide!!

And, knowing how savvy you are, I'm sure you have all the gear issues figured out by now! :-D Feel free to share tips and techniques!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby videovillageidiot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Hi all!! I thought this thread had fallen off the map and just checked and see new posts. OK, speaking of maps, here's the best map out there on the topic...as PAZ answered, the event is the 2017 TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE on August 21. Sorry to all who live outside the United States. This one is all USA...Oregon to South Carolina. So check the map - for any location you can click and a box will indicate the percentage of totality and the duration.

http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/so ... %27&OMap=0

BuddyB wrote:I haven't the foggiest idea, but Nashville would be a cool place. :)

You are in the POT Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can sit in your backyard with a beverage (and, most importantly, with access to your own bathroom!!!!!!!!) and watch this eclipse. I will be fighting for a few square feet to stand on and access to a portapotty (big YUCK) to await the eclipse in the Grand Tetons.

My thought had been a meetup near St. Louis based on the known locations of some muvipixers. As time went on, i thought it would be fun to have people who got to any location in the POT contribute whatever of their experience they wanted to share.

Cheryl - we could certainly expect to see video of impatient foot tapping as people wait and wait for the big 2 minute experience! (Yeah, totality is very short, though the partial before and after take awile and it's an interesting experience to watch animals behave as if it is night)
PAZ - I would love to see some of your preparations for this - you are so smart about your gear, it would be fun to watch your "process"
Steve - certainly one of your maps showing your progress toward the destination of the meetup is "required" :)
Buddy - maybe a shot of you in a lawnchair in your yard, with an alarm clock to awaken you at just the right moment ;)

Still 5 months to prepare if anyone is interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Previous

Return to Water Cooler