They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

The Dobby quad

Talk about anything here.

The Dobby quad

Postby sidd finch » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:28 pm

Now this one looks like it is a good affordable "first" quad copter.

At least, it's cheap compared to its competitors. And it packs in features like 4K video recording, image stabilization, gesture control and target tracking.

Zerotech's Dobby is available now for $399 in the US and AU$599 in Australia. There's no UK distributor, but the price coverts to around £325. Compared to rival drones with built-in cameras that can retail for over a grand, the Dobby's an attractive option for hobbyists.

Key Specs:
Digital image stabilization
Removable battery with 9-minute flight time
13-megapixel camera, 1,920x1,080p video recording
Target tracking and facial recognition
Automatic takeoff and landing
Foldable design
199g
Companion app
16GB storage
Can hover indoors/outdoors in winds up to 28km/h (17mph)
Using the new Qualcomm Snapdragon Flight platform (the one unveiled at CES), the Dobby's tracking mode uses facial recognition and target lock to get the drone to follow you around. Little features like that and the one-button takeoff and orbit mode make it feel very clever.

That said, the Dobby isn't exactly hands-free -- while you can leave it hovering or set it to automatically grab some footage, it's going to need steering from the app at some point.

The four rotors are on arms that fold into the body, leaving you with a slim profile that'll slip comfortably into your pocket when you're done flying your drone around.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBIpUheR2G0[/youtube]

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Re: The Dobby quad

Postby BuddyB » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:39 am

That's absolutely fantastic! I'm trying to figure out how it flies..looks like a rock to me. Please don't throw it at me. :) Probably if I could spend more time here I'd be smarter. Right now retirement is harder than working..but I'm loving it.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:14 pm

Very nice!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby sidd finch » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:03 pm

A nice review from the FPV guy who has a lot of quad experience.

http://www.fpvguy.com/2016/08/dobby.html

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby BuddyB » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:11 pm

That's exactly what I needed to see.. :mrgreen: ..gotta' draw me picutres. Nice piece of equipment, impressive results. Coulda' been a "High Noon" shot, and would have cost a lot less to shoot. But then that's water under the bridge from a long time ago, huh?
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler