They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

sizing video in Camtasia's PiP track

Talk about anything here.

sizing video in Camtasia's PiP track

Postby Matthew Max » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:26 pm

I have an mp4 on the PiP track so I can size it in a Camtasia project. It won't show, however. I made a transparent png image in PowerPoint and the resulting movie is white where the PiP mp4 is.

Is the problem that PPT doesn't really make a transparent slide?

This is also a memory problem, because the PiP video track shows up fine in a much smaller test (I export to mp4).

Or tell me how to use Pro to export a .mov file made on an iPhone 5S, so that it will pretty well fill the view in Camtasia, either 1280 width or 740 width in the Camtasia editor.

Thanks. I will knock this project out one way or other by morning. Someone's gonna get a juicy kiss.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: sizing video in Camtasia's PiP track

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:43 pm

Sorry Matthew, I am kind of confused as to whether you need help with Camtasia or PowerPoint?
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Matthew Max » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:45 pm

Camtasia.

I still want to figure out how to get an mp4 into Camtasia and keep the proportions.

I ended up bringing a Camtasia file into Pro and handling it that way. But a lot of times I need the mp4 in Camtasia.
Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Chuck Engels » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Maybe someone else understands what you are trying to do, sorry but I do not. If possible could you write up a somewhat detailed explanation of what it is you are trying to accomplish? That would be a huge help here, thanks :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Matthew Max » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:00 am

Okay, thanks. First of all, in Camtasia how do you put an mp4 in the PiP track so that it is visible after rendering the Camtasia project? Is Camtasia made for this?

Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:48 am

Maybe if you could articulate what your final output will be will help to understand what you are asking?

It sounds like you want to use Camtasia to place a video in your power-point project but I am not sure? If that is the case you can create your video directly in premiere elements. Output the video from premiere elements to the desired format then import the video file into power-point. If you are concerned about video size and or resolution, you can adjust for those parameters in premiere elements.

If you are simply looking to do PIP then you can just add a second video track in premiere elements and chand the settings of the PIP track to be 30% and drag to location on screen.
Sidd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Matthew Max » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:38 pm

I cannot imagine how PowerPoint gets into this part of the conversation, except that a person records PPT screens to be used in a Camtasia project. I must've said something to lead readers astray. I make an extensive product composed of 570 mp4 videos, and growing. Many are screen recordings.

Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby sidd finch » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:32 pm

Maybe someone else understands what you are trying to do, sorry but I do not.

Me Too...

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Chuck Engels » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:46 pm

Sorry Matthew but I still don't understand why the recording of the PowerPoint screens to use in Camtasia. What do you use to record the PPT screens? Sorry but I am just not getting the problem or what you are trying to accomplish that isn't working.

Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Matthew Max » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:36 pm

I record language and culture lessons, often based on PPT presentations. I record with Camtasia. Some lessons need some footage inserted. But Camtasia won't accept just any footage format. So I convert the footage into mp4 and import the mp4 into the Camtasia project. I need a reliable way to do it. I can't figure out a way to make it the right size AND visible every time. Camtasia is way more limited than Pro. Yesterday I got around the problem by using Pro and importing the screen recording into Pro and THEN importing the footage. That's not what I preferred. It's not always the best way.

Matthew Max
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler