They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

A good portable USB Drive?

Talk about anything here.

A good portable USB Drive?

Postby Little Nac » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:24 am

Hi Guys.
Just had an external USB drive go down. I am in the market for a new one. Preferably a 2TB (I'm using Win. 10). I can get a Seagate with 3 years warranty or a Verbatim (don't know the warranty). I want a USB drive not a powered one. Any suggestions what is a good one. I've always liked WD or Seagate, but last year in the U.S. I bought a couple of Toshiba drives which have been so far really good. Thank you. L.N. :conf:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: A good portable USB Drive?

Postby Chuck Engels » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:08 am

I just bought a Toshiba that I like, and the price was good. Picked it up at Best Buy during a sale and I was traveling and forgot to bring one of mine at home. All of my others are Seagate. I don't think you can go wrong with either. Check the reviews on Amazon before deciding on a specific model.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: A good portable USB Drive?

Postby Little Nac » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:16 pm

Hi Chuck.
Thank you for that. I have decided to go with the Seagate which also was on sale. At least it comes with a three year warranty. It was a Toshiba that went down, which we bought in the U.S. this year. My other Toshiba also bought at the same time is still going OK. I guess it can happen to any of them. Thanks again, cheers, L.N. :-D
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler