They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

How to add a lap top to devices for app store?

Talk about anything here.

How to add a lap top to devices for app store?

Postby Little Nac » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:33 am

Hi Guys. Like most people, I have several android devices in the names of phones, tablets and lap tops. I am trying to download an app to my lap top, but because I have it on two phones and a couple of tablets, it tells me it is installed and I can't install it. I have been all over the Internet and You Tube trying to solve the problem, but to no avail. We are leaving for the U.S. in about two weeks for three months, and it is for the security cameras at my home. Even though we get mobile service from a local supplier when we arrive, it is much nicer to watch the video of what is going on at home on a larger screen than a phone. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you so much. L.N. :ha:
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: How to add a lap top to devices for app store?

Postby Steve Grisetti » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:41 am

Are you saying that your laptop is an Android and not a Windows or Mac? That will make a huge difference.

There are emulators that you can install on a Windows computer so that you can install an Android app on it. But you won't need that if you're using and Android laptop. But please confirm first that you've actually got an Android laptop (like the Lenovo A10) first.

In any event, have a great trip!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Little Nac » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi Steve.
Thanks for the answer. Sorry that was my mistake. It's a Windows PC Lap Top running Win. 7. I have four security cameras at home and they are all working on my phone and Marg's phone. I can access them through cloud from any part in the world so long as I have Internet. The hotel we stay at in Anaheim has free wifi, although a lot is to be said for the quality. Anyway, it is a Win 7 lap top. Thanks Steve.
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:09 am

Is there a Windows program that will allow you to access these cams? I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

But if not you can use an Andoid emulator program to play the Android app on Windows 10. Here's an article about the best emulators. BlueStacks is the most popular, although any of the three will work just fine.
http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/run-a ... apps-on-pc
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby ed » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:39 am

I've used BlueStack at work with success. I've been using the YouWave emulator for a little while now and like it's interface better. Doesn't seem as buggy either.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Little Nac » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Thanks Guys. I've had Bluestack on for a while now, but when I go to load it up to use, it wants me to either buy it or download a heap of games to try for them. I'm not really into games, so I pulled the plug on it. But will take a look at the other one. Thanks again. L.N. \:D/
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler