They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Dreamweaver CC Problem

Talk about anything here.

Dreamweaver CC Problem

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:43 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping that someone has a simple solution to this problem. In Dreamweaver CS4 the code hints worked just fine, when I wanted to add a "href" it would always pop up after "<a" and I only had to space and type "h", then hit enter and it would give me the option to browse to a file.

DW1.jpg

DW4.jpg

In Dreamweaver CC this was working exactly the same but somehow it has lost the HTML Code Hints and this is what I get;

DW2.jpg

DW3.jpg

This has happened a few times, I would close and restart Dreamweaver CC and it would go back to normal. For some reason that is not working anymore and the normal hints for the "<a" tag are missing. I've checked the preferences and the tags are still listed but are not showing up as hints.

DW5.jpg

Maybe I need to clear the preferences or some cache file? I am not sure what to do and hoping that someone knows why this is happening and has a solution :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: Dreamweaver CC Problem

Postby Chuck Engels » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:02 pm

I figured it out !! For some reason it wanted to use SVG tags as they were also attached to HTML documents. I removed the HTML options from the SVG tags and now have the HTML options back :)

I don't know why this happens however but glad I found a solution :conf: If anyone knows how this works and why this happens, or how to switch between HTML and SVG tags in code hints, I would be happy to learn why/how and appreciate the info ::C
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Return to Water Cooler