They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

My Daughter's wedding

Talk about anything here.

My Daughter's wedding

Postby momoffduty » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Our daughter was married a week ago. A frame from my GoPro video. This was a before the ceremony no peeking shot. They forgot his blindfold so used the door as a divider. The little flower girls had front row seats.

ImageNo peeking! by Cheryl, on Flickr
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Re: My Daughter's wedding

Postby videovillageidiot » Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:58 pm

So it wasn't you who got married!! haha! Very cute photo - I love all that's going on here!

Congrats to the couple! Looking forward to seeing more of the happy day!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby Dave McElderry » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:02 pm

I knew it was coming up, but now am surprised to hear it's over. It all worked out in the end, didn't it :) ? Nice capture. The little girls are great!
Be yourself; everyone else is taken.

Asus X570-E motherboard; AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz; 64GB DDR4; GeForce RTX 2060 6GB; 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M.2 SSD
Dave McElderry

Postby momoffduty » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Thanks Sherrin & Dave. It has been a week and still recovering. The last of the house guests went home today. My 2 grand daughters are on the right. The little 2yo Brynlee went down the aisle before the last bridesmaid walked and then ran back up the aisle after the bride came down. She then slept on her other grandmother for the ceremony. I scrubbed through the video of her and she wanted to watch it 10x. She would say "here comes Brynlee!" I really should get video of the girls watching videos of themselves.

I am taking a break and editing next month. Three cams at the ceremony, footage getting ready, reception and rehearsal. I'll have to whittle it all down to one hour.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Postby sidd finch » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:54 pm

Sounds like it ended well. Now the mountain of a challenge to edit. I could not see how professional wedding videographers could see straight. Gearing up for the next wedding while trying to edit the past wedding....ouch. But I am sure you will do an outstanding job. :)

momoffduty wrote: I really should get video of the girls watching videos of themselves.

I have done this in the past. I turn down the audio from the event and just show them the video clips and record them talking about what their watching. Then I use the recording of them talking as the voice over for the video. I usually edit down the video first before I show them the completed shots. Sometimes I ask them questions about what they were seeing to get them to engage in a conversation. It is a great memory to include kids perspective.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Peru » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:25 pm

Those flower girls really make the photo terrific. Great shot. :tup:
Peru

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:20 am

I agree. Great picture!

And the idea of using a GoPro to shoot a wedding to presents some interesting possibilities...
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby momoffduty » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:59 am

sidd finch wrote:
I have done this in the past. I turn down the audio from the event and just show them the video clips and record them talking about what their watching. Then I use the recording of them talking as the voice over for the video. I usually edit down the video first before I show them the completed shots. Sometimes I ask them questions about what they were seeing to get them to engage in a conversation. It is a great memory to include kids perspective.

Sidd

Great idea!
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby momoffduty » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:10 am

Thanks Bob Peru & Steve. There were 5 children in the wedding between ages 2 & 6. I shot video of the kids at the rehearsal. Got some super cuteness of the little girls. There were 2 boys too.

The HV20 with the new mic was in loft back of church, the HV30 with the old mic was in the front loft and the GoPro was on a Joby Gorilla Pod on the floor. I took the GoPro to the rehearsal to get test shots. Glad I did because I shot video that night. Very handy on the Gorilla Pod. The getting ready shots were all on the GoPro along with a few outside shots. Of course we were at the church early and I again tested out where I wanted the GoPro. The 2 feet were against the wall of the first pew and I had it in super view to give placement a little leeway. I got the angle of the GoPro and the Gorilla Pod to where I wanted and carefully held onto it before the ceremony. Turned it on about 10 minutes before and turned off the LCD screen. A friend placed it in the position on the floor. We had gone over that the night before.

Here is the GoPro floor shot and the view from the HV20 back loft. There is noise that I need to fix. Is Neat Video still good for noise reduction?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:34 am

Looks great, Cheryl!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Gerlinde » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:28 am

Cheryl, can't wait to see the finished product! So many great ideas for shooting the video. That brings back some memories! Our last wedding was in 2004. My granddaughters were 2 and 4 years old and super cute dancers at the wedding. I had only 1 camera back then, but was fortunate to get some additional footage from my son in law's camera. This was my youngest daughter's wedding and they had put someone in charge to film. But that person did not do his job. I had to work with what I got, but it turned out great. I had no video camera as my oldest daughter got married. I have only pictures of her wedding.
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby momoffduty » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks Steve & Gerlinde. I will make a 3 minute vignette of the event. It may be awhile, still decompressing. Gerlinde, good that you got video from your SIL's camera. I am sure your project came out great. I shot some at the reception and would have done more, but hard to visit and shoot. Plus it was a long few days with house guests and the day of the wedding we had bridesmaids & kids getting ready at the house. The day started before 7am and by the reception I was dragging. I know I missed some shots that I had planned for the reception such as outside the venue, the lobby/bar area with the displays, etc. I may fill in with stills from the photographer.

My nephew ran my camera in the back of the church. I took a photo of the set up and printed out a little one page primer with arrows on which buttons to use on the camcorder & mic. The camcorder in front was run by a videographer friend. He shot our oldest daughter's wedding 7 years ago. He was shooting about 8 weddings a year on the side from his day job. He is only doing 2 this year and that will be the end. He offered me his pro cameras to use, but they are SD. I wanted HD and know I will have to correct the noise.

Neat video for noise??? Recommendations on any others?
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Postby Gerlinde » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 pm

I have never used Neat video. Which footage needs the clean up? If it is the GoPro you could try GoPro Studio app, I believe there is a noise filter. If it is your HV 20/40 footage you may find something in Premiere Pro to use. It is going to be very hard though to get good results. I film always in the Cine Mode setting, that cuts down on the noise in low light conditions.
A) i7-3930K 3.2GHz (3.8GHz Turbo), 32GB DDR3-1600, SSD 256GB, 2x1TB+2x2TB Seagate Barracuda (72krpm), Geforce GTX 550 Ti (1GB), Win10 Pro 64-bit
B) Sony Vaio i7-3632QM,12gb DDR3-1333MHz, GeForce® GT 640M LE (2GB), 750GB (7200rpm), Win10 Pro64-bit
Gerlinde

Postby Bob » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:46 pm

The two most common noise reduction plugins are Neat Video and Denoiser II. Both do a good job and cost about the same. There is another that does an excellent job, Dark Matter for After Effects. It's twice the cost of the other two but also includes two modules: Antimatter, for eliminating noise and compression artifacts, and Dark Matter, a texturizer module which is good if you're trying to match footage from different cameras or source types or simply going for a particular look or trying to simulate film stock.
Bob

Postby momoffduty » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:58 pm

Thanks Gerlinde & Bob. I will check out the plug ins. I have the Nik Collection for PS and love the Define 2 for noise reduction. But, it is for photos and not video.
aka Cheryl
momoffduty

Next

Return to Water Cooler