They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

MS PUB files to read on Tablet

Talk about anything here.

MS PUB files to read on Tablet

Postby Little Nac » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi Guys.
I don't seem to get on here much these days, what with moving into a new house (two houses into one) and renting our other one out, seems to take up more time than would be expected. But when I do get on here, I must say I'm never disappointed with the results to my questions etc., for that I thank you all very much. Now I have another question. I do quite a lot of work in MS Publisher and even though I have the latest, I still use V7 as I like it the best. I have catalogued all our DVD, BD and box sets, and want to put them onto our tablets and phones, which will be a great help rather than carrying around heaps of paper. But my problem is what will read PUB Files on my Tablet & Phone? Is there an APP for this? Thanks so much. Cheers, L.N.
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: MS PUB files to read on Tablet

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:42 pm

You might want to output your Publisher files as PDFs, Nac. Acrobat Reader is available for Android, Windows and iOS devices.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Bob » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:07 am

I agree with Steve. MS Publisher has such a small share of the desktop publishing market that the ".pub" format is not really supported by much else and there are no ios or android apps that can natively read it. Most people convert to PDFs for those platforms. The 2010 through current versions of MS Publisher can export directly to PDF. You can continue to use your favorite version and use the current version to create a sharable pdf.
Bob

Postby sidd finch » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:29 am

I agree I think that PDF is the way to go especially if you can still create in MS Pub then output to PDF. I have a lot of files I output to PDF and put on my tablet and it works great.

Sidd
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." ..... Ferris Bueller
sidd finch

Postby Little Nac » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:12 pm

Thank you so much Guys. I have V10 so will give it a go later today. One of my files contains about 15 pages of movies, so I'm hoping it will show each page, not just the first one. Anyway, thanks once again for all the help. Cheers, L.N. :-D
If you are faced with a forced landing at night, switch on the landing lights, if you don't like what you see, switch them back off.
Little Nac
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler