They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

PHP MySQL Scripts for PayPal... HALP! Please!

Talk about anything here.

PHP MySQL Scripts for PayPal... HALP! Please!

Postby _Paz_ » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:44 pm

I lost the link to the site I wanted to use to set up my "Sell Downloads with PayPal" when I lost all my bookmarks and emails. It's the same script that's used here... and then I found it! :exc:

http://www.withinweb.com/

I thought I'd start with the individual purchase script first, so I bought this one:

http://www.withinweb.com/phpeseller/index.php

Now I'm about 80- 90% set up, I think, but I can't figure out how to get the template pages to even show up.

I don't speak PHP, or CSS and my older versions of Dreamweaver (3 and 8) both balk, then quit every time I try to open the Stylesheets files. I tend to believe that one is going to be important.

If anyone can help, PLEASE. I've been at this about 3 days and I'm desperate.

I'll pay.

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: PHP MySQL Scripts for PayPal... HALP! Please!

Postby TreeTopsRanch » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:05 am

Are you using the php script within your HTML pages. If so I think you need some words in the header to tell the server that there is a php script in the page. If it is a php page then you need to use a php extension like somepagename.php.

Also try to contact the seller of the PHP code for help: admin@withinweb.com
TreeTopsRanch
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:55 am

Tree Tops,

Thanks for your reply.

Within Web provides .htm files and .php files that appear to be blank pages in DW, but I can see code there via 'View source code'. I think some of the pages are supposed to contain both htm and php.

I don't know how to edit them, except I did insert an image that contains all the pics for my header. Otherwise, when I open the page in a browser, my header is all that shows up on an otherwise blank page with a few brief instructional explanations of uses of the page that obviously are supposed to be deleted.

I've gone through the admin panel, chosen a template style, created and selected what should become my own version so the originals are not edited, created products, down or uploaded them, etc., and I expected the products would show up on the pages that I think are supposed to be the template page of products for sale. No luck.

I do understand that if I don't want items to show, such as 'most popular' items, I should take that code out. I just don't know what to do with the rest of it. The site gives links to explanations and tutorials but two of those links lead to pages that have what we used to call snow on the TV in the olden days before high definition. If I knew of anyone locally who could edit these few pages, I'd happily hire them but I live out in the boonies and there isn't anyone.

Then last night... on the downloads instructions page, I noticed that this script forces downloads to be saved on the purchaser's computer of all digital products, no matter what file type. I don't think I want my videos to be downloaded, easily copied and shared.

I want to offer a two year course via subscription for beginners and intermediate, then individually purchased advanced and master level videos as well as some physical products. I expected to need both scripts to do that.

Paz
Lenovo W70l; 1.6 GHz, i7 quad core, Win 7, 64 bit, 16 gigs DDR-3 RAM; NVIDIA Quadro FX 2800; Two 1T 7200 internal drives; BluRay burner
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Postby _Paz_ » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:00 am

For anyone who may be interested, this page of introductory level tutorials shows why I'd like to be able to use a template shopping cart formula. Each year I hope to have new intro and intermediate level packages for students who want relatively easy studies.

http://www.just-add-water.co/jaw_wca_catalogue.htm

I want to do some market testing. I am not sure how many students will be interested in the advanced and master level classes, so I want to offer them as a la carte tutorials. There's a good chance that by the time students reach this level they will only want to paint their own compositions. On the other hand, I see many painters who apparently love to be eternal students and who also complain that the tutorials they find available are too basic for them.

http://watercolor-academy.co/samples.htm
_Paz_
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Water Cooler