They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

capture video from web

Talk about anything here.

capture video from web

Postby cspitser » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:55 am

I am using Adobe PE 11 with windows 7 pro 64 bit. My nephew just ran in a track meet. The video of the race is on the web. Is there a way that I can capture that video with adobe PE so that I can use it in a viedo of mine?

Cliff
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: capture video from web

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:41 am

Sort of. It depends on what site the video is posted to -- and if you're legally allowed to, of course.

If you're using Mozilla Firefox as your web browser, there are a number of Add-ons for Firefox that enable you to rip video from sites like YouTube.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cspitser » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks Steve,

I use chrome and ie explorer. The web site is USATF.tv . Is there any add on available for chrome or IE?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:00 am

Chrome and IE follow some pretty strict rules and don't allow for downloading videos. (Google owns Chrome and YouTube and they're very careful about not letting people steal video from its site.)

But Mozilla Firefox has some very nice add-ons for downloading videos. This one, for instance, might work.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... oadhelper/

Firefox is the only browser I know that allows for these kinds of add-ons though.

EDIT: I couldn't get Download Helper to work on that site. So maybe it's not possible to rip a video from it.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby AllieB » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:15 pm

You can find this link in Firefox -»Extra-»addons

www.downloadhelper.net/

I just tried and it worked fine.
AllieB
Greetings from Portugal
AllieB

Location: Patroves, in the south of Portugal but born in the Netherlands

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:51 pm

Thanks, Allie! Will it work on that site though? I had trouble getting it to work.
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cspitser » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:55 pm

did you try it on usatf.tv site?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby AllieB » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:14 pm

@ Steve Grisetti

The link provided earlier will give you the opportunity to download and install de Videodownloadhelpoer.

I tried and after installing the addon was visible in the Firefox addon list, but I didn't try if downloading will work
AllieB
Greetings from Portugal
AllieB

Location: Patroves, in the south of Portugal but born in the Netherlands

Postby pch008 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:46 pm

There is a free program :"a Tube Catcher" that might work for you. Works for me! :TU:
pch008

Postby BuddyB » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:53 am

One more app will do the trick. "Real Player". What it does is when you place the cursor over the video a "Download Video" pops up on the upper right hand side. Then you download and work. As far as the legal issues I did report here that any time I placed my cursor over a video I could download that way as well as the regular way to members. I, at the time, was afraid that a non-member of Muvipix could just simply download taking advantage of us. I never heard back on that, so I figured our techies had things covered, and that maybe I was able to do it that way because I was a member.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cspitser » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:12 pm

can I use real player on any web site I choose, and can I use it with a windows machine?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cspitser » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:06 pm

BuddyB wrote:One more app will do the trick. "Real Player". What it does is when you place the cursor over the video a "Download Video" pops up on the upper right hand side. Then you download and work. As far as the legal issues I did report here that any time I placed my cursor over a video I could download that way as well as the regular way to members. I, at the time, was afraid that a non-member of Muvipix could just simply download taking advantage of us. I never heard back on that, so I figured our techies had things covered, and that maybe I was able to do it that way because I was a member.

buddyB

I downloaded it but can't get it to do anything. You said that when you put the cursor on the video (not sure what that means) you get a icon pop up in the upper right corner of the screen. I get nothing.

Please see if you can get it to work on this video.

http://www.usatf.tv/gprofile.php?mgroup ... _id=123759

Cliff
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby BuddyB » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Ok, here's what I've found. It will not allow me to use Real Player. So what that tells me is it can be locked out. Further, I've discovered it is an .SWF, Flash format and I've never been able to crack that no matter what I do. Now I'm not trying to steal anyone's stuff, but there have been times when I've wanted to download a single pic because I thought it magnificent and .SWF would not allow me. Flash security is great and I've never really researched how to by-pass that security. Someone else may have another idea. Sorry I'm not much help. Here's the example I was referring to. It definitely works well with Youtube and others, but .SWF I guess not.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Wichitaito-Everything is Everything"
ASUS M4A88T-M mb-AthlonII X 3 455 1.5 Cache-8GB DDR3-1600-PC3-12800(2X4GB Dual Channel)-1TB SATA3 6gb/sec 7200rpm(64MB Cache) Win10 64Bit-Sony Movie Studio Suite 13-XaraX photo/Art/Web Adobe Cloud.
BuddyB
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cspitser » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:37 pm

OK, so what is .swf?
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby cspitser » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Also, I played a youtube video and didn't get that icon to download. What magic am I missing. I have realplayer running and minimized.
cspitser
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Next

Return to Water Cooler