They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

uploading to youtube

Talk about anything here.

uploading to youtube

Postby videovillageidiot » Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:11 pm

i just tried to upload thru elements to youtube both in 9 and 4...not sure the last time i ever tried thru the program itself. it keeps saying my username and password do not match. i have reset the password just to be sure and it still happens. anyone else ever encounter this?

the reason i'm doing it this way is that i just got a hi def camcorder and wanted to create something to see if the quality is better than the junky stuff i get with standard def. i don't have a blueray burner so viewing it online seemed like a good test. i didn't know of a format that i could view on the computer that would show the quality. i've only ever seen stuff online. i really know nothing about working with hi def stuff...but i'm sure you guessed that already... ;)

any and all help appreciated as always!! THANKS!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: uploading to youtube

Postby Steve Grisetti » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:09 pm

This question might have been better posted to the Premiere Elements 9 forum, Sherin. But oh well.

As we often point out, YouTube remains a moving target -- and they seem to like it that way. As soon as the program gets configured to work with YouTube, YouTube changes its own configuration.

So, if you want to best quality video on YouTube from version 9, I'd go with this workflow instead:

From the Share tab, choose Computer and then QuickTime/MOV. Choose the DV preset and then click the Advanced button.

From the settings window, do the following:

b Video Tab
*Video Codec: H.264
*Quality: 100
*Frame Wdith: 1280
*Frame Height: 720
*Frame Rate: 29.97
*Field Type: Progressive
*Pixel Aspect Ratio: square
*Set Bitrate: checked
*Bitrate: 8000 kbps

b Audio Tab
*Audio Code: AAC
*Output Channels: Stereo
*Frequency: 44kHz
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: uploading to youtube

Postby videovillageidiot » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:18 pm

thanks Steve...i posted here 'cuz it didn't work in 4 or 9 so i figured it was a more global issue...

i'll try out your suggestion later today...i have to go make July 4 cake pops with my neighbor's twins. can't wait to see if the new cam has great quality!

thanks again!
videovillageidiot
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Return to Water Cooler