They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Join Us In a Group Project

Talk about anything here.

Join Us In a Group Project

Postby Alley » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:41 am

:-D First of all, my name is Alley and I am happy to have discovered this forum. I own a lot of video editing software, including Premiere Elements 3 and Photoshop 5 bundle. I am starting to get the hang of Photoshop, and I would really like to learn more about Premiere Elements - my sister is quite proficient and has just upgraded to the Pro. We have a business together, but I have taken a stronger interest in animation lately. :)

Anyway....enough about me.. :lol:

I have been part of a group project for about 1-1/2 years. We are an independent committee of 5 who do this for a hobby. This is our third world project and it is a little different. It is called "Mystery Manor". You can learn all about it at Mystery Manor. All our projects feature a character called Pinhead. Don't be put off by the name, he is a very lovable character created by my husband actually. =D> Initially we were a group on the Pinnacle forum, but we have broken away. We were never sanctioned by them, but we met on that web board.

Anyway, we would love to invite you all to participate. We don't launch til January and the project runs til May. We will be airing a 30 minute movie/intro with a mysterious story, and the object of the project is to finish the story and tell what you think really happened. It doesn't really require any videography, however, you can be as creative as you like. Perhaps flashbacks - but I can't say too much at this point. The focus is on story telling. There are 12 characters in the story and all will be provided for download, as will jpegs of all the rooms/sets. We provide tif sequence files for the characters. These can be animated through programs like Bluff Titler, Heroglyph or you can simply alternate them on the overlay track using a green screen to create avi's of the characters to overlay the sets and use chromakey. All of the entries will be posted on our website, and there will be an online vote at the end.

We have lots of prizes. Our grand prize is the "Editor's choice" package from Heroglyph. We also have prizes from Corel, Smartsound, and Reallusion. Reallusion are the makers of Iclone, and they have provided us with several copies of Iclone Studio - this is a really cool program if you haven't heard of it. Also PInnacle. Maybe someone here knows how I could get Adobe to toss us a prize. :)

There are no restrictions on what software you can use. We are independent of any particular software company.

So I hope some of you will join. It really is a lot of fun, and it allow you to try some different video editing skills. If you have any questions, ask away. :roll:

I the meantime, I shall explore more here. Maybe this will get me off my butt and learn Premiere Elements.
Alley
New User
New User

Re: Join Us In a Group Project

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:47 am

Thanks for the invite, Alley. I looked at some of the clips on your site, and it looks like your members, from all over the world, have had a lot of fun with these projects. Nice prizes too!

And welcome to Muvipix!
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Chuck Engels » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:07 am

Wow, very cool Alley, thanks for sharing with us. I know my daughter will be interested for sure. Please be sure to remind us when things kick off in 2008, and a big welcome to the club :)
1. Thinkpad W530 Laptop, Core i7-3820QM Processor 8M Cache 3.70 GHz, 16 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro K1000M 2GB Memory.

2. Cybertron PC - Liquid Cooled AMD FX6300, 6 cores, 3.50ghz - 32GB DDR3 - MSI GeForce GTX 960 Gaming 4G, 4GB Video Ram, 1024 Cuda Cores.
Chuck Engels
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby Alley » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:49 pm

Today we have posted a new teaser scene on our website. Project 3 page. Mystery Manor :-D :lol:
Alley
New User
New User

Postby Alley » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:55 pm

Hi Everyone:

Just wanted to let you know we officially launched on January 11, 2008. For anyone new, the project is called "Mystery Manor" and we are playing a feature presentation on our website now at http://www.pinheadhq.com on the Project 3 page. The movie is available for download as well.

The object of the project is to watch the movie and then finish the story. :-D It has been left very open-ended, so the only thing that limits you is your imagination.

The story was done in Iclone 3D, however, we have supplied download materials for both 2D and 3D. Don't be intimidated by the 3D - the object of the project is story-telling, and the characters have all been provided in various positions and in "image sequence" formats, for animating. We want to see good stories, not glitzy effects.

Give it a shot - I guarantee you will be hooked. It's all run by hobbyists and there are a total of 19 prizes that we have been able to get. It's all explained on the home page.

You've got til May to submit. The committee of 5 have literally spent hours of our time preparing for this.

Hope to see you. Besides, we need some Adobe people. We have at least one - my sister! I've got the program too, but am not so good at it yet.

Any way, please join and happy sleuthing.

http://www.pinheadhq.com
Alley
New User
New User

Postby Alley » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:17 pm

The first clip in the project has been posted. It is entitled "What Really Happened" by Alley - yep, that's me.

Just to recap - the object of the project is to finish the story that is airing about Mystery Manor and a "murder" that seems to have taken place.

My clip can be viewed at http://www.pinheadhq.com - View Clips/Mystery Manor... What Really Happened by Alley.

:-D
Alley
New User
New User

Postby Gooder » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:09 am

Hello Alley,

Very creative and enjoyable clips! :)
I am impressed on the amount of prizes you have on offer, very nice!

Cheers,
Lee
HP Pavilion t540.se 2.8 GHz, 1GB DDR, 200GB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500. Internal HDD Seagate 250GB, External HDD WD My Book 300GB, Maxtor Basic 500GB. Sound card Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro! & 5.1 Surround Speakers!
Gooder
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Postby ed » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:35 am

Excellent. Usually my attention span is about 3 minutes, but I watched the whole thing.
ed
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler