They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

Blogs for Kindle

Talk about anything here.

Blogs for Kindle

Postby cdeemer » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:27 pm

There's such a wealth of information about video here, if any of you want to share your knowledge and make some coffee money, now's a good time to get in on the ground floor of "Kindle Publishing for Blogs." The standard subscription is 99 cents a month, subscribers get a 14-day free trial.

What makes this viable are the millions of Kindle users. I just started one about screenwriting and I am amazed how easy it is to set up (I used blogspot but any host will work) at Amazon. 48 hrs later it is online and available. Some of you could make short daily posts and get an audience, I'm sure.

Do a search for "Kindle Publishing for Blogs" to get started, and go to the Amazon site in the results. Snoop around what's available -- not all that much on the topics covered here. You don't have to post daily but frequently is the ticket, to keep readers, and daily is great if you can do it -- I'd suggest little snippets, 200 words, a day. Or close.

There's a great opportunity here and the audience numbers are only going to get larger. In Nov and Dec, Amazon was selling a million Kindles a week. A blog of this sort strikes me as a natural for Steve but many of you could find a niche in your area of knowledge and share on a blog. Check it out.

Mine is called "Write That Screenplay Now!"
Editor, Oregon Literary Review
Artistic Director, Small Screen Video
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Re: Blogs for Kindle

Postby Steve Grisetti » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:24 am

Great tip, Charles! I'll look into it when I get a chance.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

7 grand royalties on $1.49 book

Postby cdeemer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:16 pm

A bit more about the Kindle phenomenon. Just read a story about a 16 year old girl who wrote a Kindle original children's story and sold it exclusively on Kindle for $1.49. SHE MADE SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS IN DECEMBER. I read it -- it's short, charming, about a wolf pup's day adventure "in the world" away from the den. Nothing special about it that I see -- I mean nice, but there must be many like it. Hmm. So it may be her marketing plan, whatever that was. But I am most impressed by a teenager making 7 grand on a buck and a half story that's maybe 3000 words. Wow.
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Postby Steve Grisetti » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:50 am

Maybe, as YouTube and Vimeo have allowed millions of people to create and broadcast their own stories, direct-to-Kindle will allow millions more to write and publish with virtually no overhead.
HP Envy with 2.9/4.4 ghz i7-10700 and 16 gig of RAM running Windows 11 Pro
Steve Grisetti
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Postby cdeemer » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:50 pm

I think you're right, Steve. Just read another article on a mid-list mystery writer ... 30 yrs, successful but not rich or a star, making 30-50 grand on his books ... well, in last two months he made ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS on Kindle with a book everyone had rejected! Needless to say, he is all Kindle in the future. Be interesting if and when this tops off.

Something amazing is going on.
cdeemer
Premiere Member
Premiere Member

Return to Water Cooler