They're here! More Muvipix.com Guides by Steve Grisetti!
The Muvipix.com Guides to Premiere & Photoshop Elements 2024
As well as The Muvipix.com Guide to CyberLink PowerDirector 21
Because there are stories to tell
muvipix.com

DSLR's may be dead in 5 years

Talk about anything here.

Re: DSLR's may be dead in 5 years

Postby Chris B » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Peru/Ron,

There is a definite quantitative quality difference between the HV30 and Nex5N I have. Having said that most DSLRs have larger sensors and lenses than the HV30 so are likely to produce "better" images - even at the same video quality. The smaller depth of field of the lens means I think it is different rather than better. Different all the time - better some of the time. I understand that if you were to move to a modern AVCHD camcorder (like the Panasonic X920) there would be a significant jump in image quality from the HV30.
Intel Core i7 8700 - 32GB DDR4 - 500GB Evo 970 SSD - 3+2 TB HDD - GTX 1080- MSI Z370 Pro - Win10 64 bit - Cannon HV30 (PAL) - Sony A6000 - GoPro 3 Black
Chris B

Re: DSLR's may be dead in 5 years

Postby momoffduty » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:32 pm

Ron Hunter wrote:Cheryl, have you seen a quality improvement with DSLR vs camcorder?

Short answer is Yes. However, I think it depends on the light and the lens. I think there is more of a dynamic range with a Dslr vs the HV30 and attribute that to the sensor as Chris posted. But, as I posted earlier a little tweaking with the contrast or saturation or the white balance helps juice things up.
aka Cheryl
Intel i7 3770, Windows 7 Pro w/SP1, 64 bit, Intel 520 Series SSD, 32G RAM, 2 – 2T RAID, (1T external), GTX 550 Ti graphics
momoffduty

Previous

Return to Water Cooler